Shoeshone at 1200? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-28-2012   #1

Grand junction, Colorado
Shoeshone at 1200?

I'm looking to raft the shoeshone section this coming week. I have a 14 foot raft and was wondering how it is at this level (1200) because I've never done it at the current level. My worries are how boney it is and if it is any good this low Any thoughts would be great.

bsoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012   #2

Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Good to go....lots of commercials
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #3

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Fun level! A little more dodging around. Watch out on tombstone as there is a new rock in the middle, go below it and pull back hard. Lots of people on it so if your unsure of the run follow someone else through...
gwsdemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012   #4
jsh

Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsdemo View Post
Fun level! A little more dodging around. Watch out on tombstone as there is a new rock in the middle, go below it and pull back hard. Lots of people on it so if your unsure of the run follow someone else through...
Yep, Dido what demo says. Pretty fun level, just rock dodging. Follow the current, hit the middle tounge at the top of the wall, and you have two choices for Tombstone. If your feeling skilled you can hit the S turn right next to the Tomb or the more conservative route to the right like demo said. Man eater is right down the middle, flow the current.
jsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Taco is gone.
Old 06-29-2012   #6

shoshone with one e is fun, but with two e's should be avoided like a stinky shoe
melted_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #7

Eagle, Colorado
Just got done running it for the first time like an hour ago. Thought it was really straight forward few interesting sections but would never consider it to be boney. Overall nice float with plenty of beer drinking time!! One small S curve section pointed toward the north bank then pulled hard back to the south, went right through no problem. 13 ft raft
jvwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #8

Grand junction, Colorado
Shoeshone

Thanks everyone. The last time was last year about 7000 last year in August so I was a little worried. I'm going up tomorrow. Hopefully it's good.
bsoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #9

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
No worries..you will love it. I loaded my 16 ft. Titanic oar frame with people beer and toys and while going threw Tomb threw two paddles to the people in front and told them to back paddle. Still nosed into the rock but back pulled off did a disco move with a twist and kept drinking! Fun for everyone.
SummitSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote