Shipping Boats, ...cheap? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-26-2007   #1

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Shipping Boats, ...cheap?

Anyone know of a good inexpensive method of shipping a boat from NC to CO, or happen to be headed in that direction.
Call or PM me

thanks,

Justin
303-929-0091

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007   #2

Student
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
hey man,
I know that DSL will ship a playboat and paddle cross country for about $100. I tried to ship my creek boat through them but they wanted to charge me $425.
The other option is this site where you can post what large items you need shipped, and independent movers will bid on the job. This is what I did and it cost me only $100 to ship my LL Huck from CT to CO. The web site is Ship Furniture, Ship Appliances, Transport Boxes, Move Equipment or Household Goods with uShip.com
Peace,
-Christian
xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #3

greyhound bus will ship playboats
Greyhound PackageXpress
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007   #4

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
Shipping Options

Forward Air has been a great place to ship kayaks - especially a playboat. They ship terminal to terminal, not to business or residences. Usually runs about $65 to ship a playboat from one FA location to another within the US.

I've also shipped a playboat with FedEx Ground. I shipped a WS T4 and it was just under the overall dim/size limit. Cost me $75 to ship it.
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #5

artist
Send a message via AIM to ScottBarnes
what type of boat? I do a fair amount of shipping now that I'm importing the DragoRossi boats. All the playboats will go "ground" with FedEx, UPS, DHL. That means that the regular local delivery trucks will take them and the price will range between $40 - 70.
Creek boats and the "river runners" that are over 6' 10" are usually considered "freight" so then you have to deal with a shipping compnaies freight department,and they tend to jack the average consumer. So do common carriers. If it's a longish boat,then the Forward Air people, Greyhound, or that company that Christian mentioned is the best option.
ScottBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #6

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
I have always done fedex for about $50
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #7

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Forward Air or FedEx Ground. Both should be nicely under $100 even for a creek boat loaded with wet gear - maybe as low as $60, but it's been a while - YMMV.

If shipping a paddle, take it to your local shop, get a box and pay them to ship it for you - they know how to do it and it will save you time and probably money.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #8

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Thanks for all the responce

I am shipping a creek boat and paddle from Ashville, I think I have some options now.

thanks,

Justin
Old 04-29-2007   #9

Fedex
ExtremeWater32 is offline   Reply With Quote