Sat June 12 - Novice Kayaking Anyone? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-07-2004   #1

Indian Hills, Colorado
Sat June 12 - Novice Kayaking Anyone?

My lady friend and I are just getting into kayaking and were planning to float somewhere around Buena Vista this Saturday. Anyone care to join for car shuttle purposes? Glad to trade beers for instruction! Cheers! Dan

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2004   #2

My boyfriend and I also are beginners and would love to paddle this weekend..... Give us a call if still interested to make some plans
Adrianne
303-722-7125
afinniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #3

Indian Hills, Colorado
Arkansas River?

http://www.allaboutrivers.com/guides...ame=Milk%20Run

Check out the link above. Milk Run is just south of Buena Vista. Water will be cold, but flows are cranking! We were thinking of camping Friday night and getting on the water before noon Saturday.

Email me! [email protected]

Cheers!
-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2004   #4

My girlfriend and I are beginners and are also looking for somewhere to go this weekend. We'd like to join you if you don't mind the extra company.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #5

Hey guys! My girlfriend and I would love to join on Sat if there is room. I do have to say that we are truly beginners so i don't want to slow anyone down. Shoot me an email at [email protected]
allgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #6
Have paddled a Quest

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
The Colorado White Water Association has plenty of trips for beginning boaters, as well as safety classes and river weekends. They also work to promote access and conservation of rivers in Colorado. Check out the summer schedule here:

http://www.coloradowhitewater.org/cruise_control.shtml
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Dont want to preach or anything but the Ark is probably cresting this weekend. If you are beginners please be careful even on the milk run. Eddy lines will be strong and swims will be long.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #8

Ok- here's the deal, I looked up the flows and the Milk run is really cresting before all of us beginners go out lets consider a few issues
1. has anyone ever run this before?
2. does anyone know specifically what the flows are on the river

I am true beginner who got in over my head on some class III's tonight and i really want a run I will enjoy but also a challenge

I was looking and Grizzly on the shoshoneoutside of Glenwood springs is sounding pretty good, I think the flows are something like 700 (not exactly for sure) but this section has been recommeded to me as a good beginner run

Let me know any thoughts on this or other ideas or if you think milk run is doable
adrianne
[email protected]
303-722-7125
afinniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #9

Afinniga
grizzly is a very good novice run but the flow is @ 2700. that should make it alittle safer in some respects than 700 cfs.(alittle deeper less bony but more pushy) still a great novice run.
have fun
be safe
MM
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #10

Indian Hills, Colorado
Bongo Billys around 10am Sat

I can't believe how many people have been interested in some beginner boating on the Ark this Saturday.

I have called down to Nathrop and chatted with the good folks at the Miser to confirm that we woun't be getting too close to the deep end of the pool, even in the high flow. Word has it that the first 100 yds of Milk run could be a bit big, but below that, fun boating to Johnson's Village.

Sooo, meet us at Bongo Billy's a little before 10am Saturday. Where is Bongo Billy's? It's the southern most coffee shop in Buena Vista (on the east side of the road) http://www.bongobillys.com/

I'll be in a silver toyota pickup.

Email me w/ q's: [email protected]

We'll probably be camping Friday night near BV.

See ya out there!
Cheers-
-Dan

Tags
kayaking