Or, it could rain in one of these upcoming storms and send it all down at once. This happens a lot--it being Arizona...
All I know is--I'd hate to get caught above Quartzite if the snow came down too fast, not sure at what point Quartzite washes out, but Corckscrew would have one hell of a lateral that you would need to break coming out of a very powerful eddy. I'd bet that several of the rapids would connect from the Maze down?
The highest I've ran the Salt was about 10k, very fun level....in my 18' cat. One year (94?) the river came up from 3k to 29k overnight, but we were below Corkscrew. Took about 2 hours to float out.
Originally Posted by scooby450
Our permit is for April 11(?), hoping the water holds. Typically it is pretty thin by then. If we get our regular storms, late Feb. - early March, we could have a great year! I am optimistic, which iis not the norm for this river.