Salt Permit 8 April - Up For Grabs - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-11-2010   #1
EZ

Salt Permit 8 April - Up For Grabs

I have a Salt River permit for 8 April 2010 Wilderness entry (~6 April launch) that I won't be able to use. This permit is unique in that they allow you to transfer the permit to another person, that person does not even have to have applied for a permit.

So, the first person to Private Message me their address will receive the transfer form signed by me and they can fill it out and send it in to the permit office. It must be received with $125 by them, 21 days before 8 April. You do the math.

If you are not committed to actually making the trip happen, please do not respond and let somebody who will make it happen have it.

If I get a response tonight, I will send the form out tomorrow.

Best of luck.

EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010   #2
EZ

Already gone. That was fast. ~ 2 minutes
Old 03-12-2010   #3

Canberra, OZ
Paddling Since: 2003
FYI- I think they changed it so that the wilderness entry date IS the launch date. Whoever got the permit might want to check and see if that's actually the case...
yakkeranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
salt river

your permit date is now your launch date. we had a march 2 permit and that was the day we launched. much easier that way. sorry to bump this thread, i was hoping it would be out of my sight soon too!
Old 03-12-2010   #5
EZ

Check your facts

Nope, same as it has always been. Quote from the permit documentation:

Dear Applicant:
Congratulations! You have been selected in our random drawing to receive a special recreation
permit to run the Upper Salt River this spring 2010 season.
The Tonto National Forest, Globe Ranger District, would like to welcome you. Whether this is your
first visit to the Forest or you have run the river many times before, we hope you enjoy this
wonderful recreation opportunity. Your group's reserved entry date is April 8, 2010.

End Quote.

Quote from USFS Website:

A Visitor Permit authorizing a specific entry date is required for all groups that boat from the Wilderness boundary (located at the lower end of Gleason Flat) for approx. 30 miles downstream to the Highway 288 Bridge River Access Point. Gleason Flat is approximately 20 miles downstream from a put-in area near the Highway 60 Bridge (which is located approximately 40 miles N.E. of the city of Globe, AZ).

End Quote.

Ain't the Internet great.
Old 03-12-2010   #6

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ View Post
Nope, same as it has always been. Quote from the permit documentation:

Dear Applicant:
Congratulations! You have been selected in our random drawing to receive a special recreation
permit to run the Upper Salt River this spring 2010 season.
The Tonto National Forest, Globe Ranger District, would like to welcome you. Whether this is your
first visit to the Forest or you have run the river many times before, we hope you enjoy this
wonderful recreation opportunity. Your group's reserved entry date is April 8, 2010.

End Quote.

Quote from USFS Website:

A Visitor Permit authorizing a specific entry date is required for all groups that boat from the Wilderness boundary (located at the lower end of Gleason Flat) for approx. 30 miles downstream to the Highway 288 Bridge River Access Point. Gleason Flat is approximately 20 miles downstream from a put-in area near the Highway 60 Bridge (which is located approximately 40 miles N.E. of the city of Globe, AZ).

End Quote.

Ain't the Internet great.
That means you launch on the 8th. Call the river office if you don't believe it. If you show up on the 6th and there is a ranger at the put in, you may have to sit around for 2 days.
Old 03-12-2010   #7

Durango, Colorado
They did change it. The 8th is the day. That's when I'll be there.

This is from the Rivergeek page:

"Permit Season News: Please note that in past years when applying for a Salt River visitor permit the date you requested was your Wilderness entry date (1 or 2 days after your actual launch date). The date you are now requesting is your actual launch date. Think snow."
storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #8
EZ

Hmmph!

The Internet is great. I stand corrected.

It went in the mail today, Storm.
Old 03-12-2010   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
i wasn't lying

i picked up our permit in globe the day before we launched. we sat around and bullshitted with the ranger for awhile before he had to actually work. i wouldn't post that on here if i didn't know it.