Salida Town Rental..... - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-07-2011   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Salida Town Rental.....

So my special lady friend and I are thinking about moving to Salida for the summer. Right now we live in Taos and Santa Fe but the season is looking beak enough here in NM that we figure we'll get more river time in Colorado.
This weekend and early next week we will be taking a scouting trip to look at places to rent.... so I thought this would be a good place to fish around a bit too.

If anyone reading this lives in the Salida area and knows of a good house or some type to rental situation that would be good for 2.5 river rats with 2 dogs, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks a bunch!

rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011   #2

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
... looking bleak enough... that is. Haven't been able to type as of late.

rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I know a couple of landlords that own lots of property in Salida. I just cleaned the carpet in a 1 bedroom home with a deck on the river, close to downtown...I don't have either of their contact info with me though....I will post something to update you tomorrow.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011   #4

salida, Colorado
no rentals in salida...u should check out BV where all the rednecks live

seriously... I have a buddy who will have a small house available in mid-june(before the festival) also a boater not sure about the dogs...just put in hardwood floors... although he has a fenced yard....i believe it's 900month, not sure of your price range.
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011   #5

ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
both the companies I guide for are in Salida, not really wanting to commute the gauntlet more than necessary... Besides, I'm already closer to the redneck community in BV than I would like to admit!
Old 04-07-2011   #6

& yeah, that's about our price range...
Old 04-08-2011   #7

The next zone, .
Good luck finding a house in salider..

Yea you will not want to drive that gauntlet - unless you are actually boaters who like to boat on anything other than class II flat water .. You may or may not already know this but it will take you 30 - 45 min of driving including the gauntlet to get to any of the good water in good old chaffee co.

I already know that you guys dont "creek" as we all know that there are no creekers in "exit" - so I will just leave that out of my speech.... I will offer up directions to a rapid called "Pine Creek" just post here or Pm me when you want to come up and watch the race as I will let you know where to park and watch the race at safe distance or from behind the white line.. If history holds true there will not be one single boater from salida who will even attempt the time trial much less even make the head to head heats...

Does sound like you found the right town and will no doubt be happy describing your "harry" class II river experience, how sick your creature craft is going to be for the fibark race, or how you braved the wild rapids of browns - down at one of the local foo foo bars on what is becoming a very cutsie main street..

It is good that here in chaffee co we have a place at the "exit" end of things where flatwater enthusiasts can find a peer group that shares their enthusiasm for class II or flatwater.. If you ever want to venture out of the class II saliver bubble feel free to pm me as us folks who reside up in the north end of the county will be gettin it done on the best water, creeks, and playspots the Ark valley has to offer.. Again this is pry not for you salider types but just to be a good neighbor I thought I would offer...
Old 04-08-2011   #8

In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
Good luck finding a house in salider..

Yea you will not want to drive that gauntlet - unless you are actually boaters who like to boat on anything other than class II flat water .. You may or may not already know this but it will take you 30 - 45 min of driving including the gauntlet to get to any of the good water in good old chaffee co.

I already know that you guys dont "creek" as we all know that there are no creekers in "exit" - so I will just leave that out of my speech.... I will offer up directions to a rapid called "Pine Creek" just post here or Pm me when you want to come up and watch the race as I will let you know where to park and watch the race at safe distance or from behind the white line.. If history holds true there will not be one single boater from salida who will even attempt the time trial much less even make the head to head heats...

Does sound like you found the right town and will no doubt be happy describing your "harry" class II river experience, how sick your creature craft is going to be for the fibark race, or how you braved the wild rapids of browns - down at one of the local foo foo bars on what is becoming a very cutsie main street..

It is good that here in chaffee co we have a place at the "exit" end of things where flatwater enthusiasts can find a peer group that shares their enthusiasm for class II or flatwater.. If you ever want to venture out of the class II saliver bubble feel free to pm me as us folks who reside up in the north end of the county will be gettin it done on the best water, creeks, and playspots the Ark valley has to offer.. Again this is pry not for you salider types but just to be a good neighbor I thought I would offer...
Hahaha. Did you just describe Hixon in grave detail? Oh, wait, no, he gave up kayaking for "playboating" and dirt-bikes. That's right, I forgot. My bad!
kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #9

um... yeah, we know the Ark. And in fact, it's people like YOU that have deterred me from living up there again in recent years... too many boaters around there have heads too big to fit in between any kind of canyon walls! :P As mentioned before, my boathouse is in Salida, & we run everything from the #'s to the Gorge (no were not one of those companies that runs pine creek commercially... weee, flat water & one rapid with stupid consequences!) Point being, I drive the gauntlet in company rigs enough that I don't need to commute it home & back AS WELL. And by the way, this thread said that we were looking for rentals, not assholes.
Old 04-08-2011   #10

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Damn Rdnek...layin' it on thick...

Check with Dave Macnab (owner of Valley Home Furnishings), he owns quite a few properties in both Salida and BV. His contact info is on this page: Chaffee County

I have another contact for you, but I'm not sure what number they want me to give out...I'll hook you up soon.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote