Salida Pole Pedal Paddle 2010 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-26-2010   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Salida Pole Pedal Paddle 2010

Wanted to let everyone know the Salida 3P is on again. April 18th this year. We kept the event on Sunday so that folks from out of town have time to get here and preview the course. Human powered ski, bike and paddle race from the top of the pass to downtown Salida with a competitor's party at the Boathouse Cantina afterwords.

Info and registration link here: 3P Salida Pole Pedal Paddle

Admins, can we sticky this for a week or two? thanks very much.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010   #2

Salida, Colorado
bumping. sign up soon for discounted registration. Thanks.

I should note that this event is a fundraiser for the most recent phase of the whitewater park in Salida. Even though we are almost complete, we will need some extra funds to make up the difference on a few items that were not in the grant and the City can't cover.
Old 03-29-2010   #3

It says backcountry ski. Is there any skinning or all downhill?
robanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010   #4

Salida, Colorado
short (10 minute uphill) followed by a big descent through the trees, then flat at the bottom. All sorts of gear is used but you want to be on something you are confident skiing downhill in backcountry type of snow conditions. Most people settle on older style, full edge tele gear but the fastest people are on Rando race set ups and we have some fast guys on skate skis...they fall a lot going downhill.
Old 04-02-2010   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I'm in this year (again). Did it last year (finish in a place that I made the top 95% possible) and had tons of fun. It's a pretty easy course (unless you really want to win). Fast, and most of all, beautiful. Anyone can do it, really.

I don't understand why my fit paddling buddies don't do it (ego?). There's something to be said about stretching on Monarch Pass and having a beer in Salida a few hours later (and dong it all you). Of course, until you do it you won't know.

JJ
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #6

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
There's something to be said about stretching on Monarch Pass and having a beer in Salida a few hours later (and dong it all you). Of course, until you do it you won't know.

JJ
could not have said it better. that is what makes this event cool. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010   #7

The next zone, .
I still dont have the ski gear and I have not put any time into skiing again this year. Funny but it is kinda a goal of mine to get ski gear again and get my skills up to par..

Sounds fun for sure. One of these years harv I will get on two sticks a bit more and be ready to give er...
Old 04-05-2010   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
I still dont have the ski gear and I have not put any time into skiing again this year. Funny but it is kinda a goal of mine to get ski gear again and get my skills up to par..

Sounds fun for sure. One of these years harv I will get on two sticks a bit more and be ready to give er...
My buddy Mark is a great skier and has all the junk. He's a horrible mountain biker (I can see him getting upset reading this) and can't paddle to save his life. I'm sure he'd like to team up with a few folks.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #9

Anchorage, Alaska
This years date falls on a day I can actually make it! I'm stoked! Salida is an awesome town and the Ark is one of my favorite rivers. Couldn't get much better than that!
Old 04-06-2010   #10

Salida, Colorado
reminder that if you register online through active.com before April 9th you will save some cash. thanks.