S. Mineral Creek-No Wood, New Rope - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-15-2008   #1

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
S. Mineral Creek-No Wood, New Rope

So Warren and I went up and did some flossing on S. Mineral Creek and got it to where all the drops, including the top one are runnable. Thats the good news. The Bad news is that I dropped my climbing rope in there. It is a well bundled Blue rope with a bright orange cam strap holding it together. We believe it ended up at the bottom of a strainer after the 1st small falls. Being a climbing rope it sank fast. Thank you all in advance for giving me crap for leaving a rope in the water, we looked long and hard but were unable to locate it. It did not ruin any of the drops, but please scout the entire gorge before running it, it takes 15 minutes. There is still a little wood in there but nothing that is unavoidable/unrunnable. The falls is sweet, pics to follow. Thanks, Tony Miely

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008   #2

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Yo, Tony - thanks a ton for cleaning it. That run rocks. I saw your cam strap. It's river left above the cobble shoal below the first falls, above the 20 footer. I knew I should have gotten out of my boat and inspected further, but didn't, sorry.
Joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #3

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Goin' Back

I am headed back there this afternoon, I will try to get that out of there if I see it. Thanks Joe! Was that your group on Lime Sunday that I was talking with at the put-in?
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008   #4

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Yeah, we did meet at Lime on Sunday. Great runs, drop me a line if you're headed to the FR and need any beta or paddlers. We'll catch you for vallecito season!
Joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote