RPM knee comfort, RPM parts - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-18-2015   #1

RPM knee comfort, RPM parts

I love my RPM but my old knees don't like being cranked so far down. Anyone know tricks to re-outfit? I pulled the black thigh-hook brace completely out, and that seems to work. I may want to design another, more comfortable brace--looking for ideas. Are there any RPM parts out there? If I hack the thigh-hook up I may need another!

EricH

Eric Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015   #2

Teacher
The dagger outfitting from then was all the same. I have a ton of Ultrafuges and medievals that you are welcome to scavenge from. I am in Carbondale.

Peter
Old 08-18-2015   #3

Teacher
You can move the seat by redrilling the seat but make sure you have a hole in your pillar so your heals touch. That could change the angle of you knees. Otherwise RPM max or the BRAAP is super comfortable. Much Higher deck.
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015   #4

Thanks! That removable black cowling that hooks out over the knees/thighs...I wonder if one from your scavenge boat would fit the RPM. If I had another to replace mine, I wouldn't mind cutting mine (right side is fine, not left).
I tried it last night with no knee outfitting (cowling taken completely out) in the bony Poudre, class3, and it was comfy but loose. Swam 2x! I'm trying some foam today to pad out knees tightly. Interesting point about heels touching--I'll look at that. I'll test out a Max, too, though I'm only 150 lbs. demo-ed a new zen 75 and found it nice but too buoyant. Seems I like knifing waves!
Eric Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #5

pnw, Washington
If you continue to boat in a boat that was created before they created comfy boats this is what you will get. Upgrade.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #6

Indian Hills, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
If you continue to boat in a boat that was created before they created comfy boats this is what you will get. Upgrade.
Yes. You should sell me your RPM.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #7

Ft Collins, Colorado
Eric - I've got a box of mini-cell that's good for padding. If you want to try making old-school thigh/knee braces, give me a ring and bring it by. Might not be perfect, but surely better than nothing.
johng is offline   Reply With Quote