Rowing Brown's tomorrow morning - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-25-2008   #1
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Rowing Brown's tomorrow morning

I'm heading back to the old stomping grounds with the Mini-rig tomorrow. If there are any mellow, non nudists running privately I'd love to hook up and run shuttle and the trip together. I know what I'm doing, but would rather run with another boat or two with just 2 of us rowing a mini-me and drinking beer. You know, in case we crash hard, lose an oar, break a hip, and get the herbs wet. We're good safety for your trip too, by the way. As long as the herbs are dry...

PM me before 4:30 or call my cell at (307) 399-1975 if you're into it.

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
I'm heading back to the old stomping grounds with the Mini-rig tomorrow. If there are any mellow, non nudists running privately I'd love to hook up and run shuttle and the trip together. I know what I'm doing, but would rather run with another boat or two with just 2 of us rowing a mini-me and drinking beer. You know, in case we crash hard, lose an oar, break a hip, and get the herbs wet. We're good safety for your trip too, by the way. As long as the herbs are dry...

PM me before 4:30 or call my cell at (307) 399-1975 if you're into it.
shouldn't it be call before 4:20
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #3

Winter Park, Colorado
Hey Randaddy,

We are running Brown's tomorrow. Trying to put on after morning commercial rush and before afternoon commercial rush. Hoping to be floating by 11am. We too will be drinking beer and having fun! We will be a paddle raft, probably two rafts, but definitely one. Both myself and the other guide know brown's well, and are just looking to have a great day with friends I am leaving work shortly, so won't necessarily be signing on again, but may later tonight from home. I will PM my phone number.
Boat-ERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008   #4
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Nope. Don't want to stink up the car. I have to drive fast. I'll be here at 4:20.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #5

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
"4:20" is hippie code for something, isn't it? Lord have mercy....
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #6

Fort Lewis Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
"4:20" is hippie code for something, isn't it? Lord have mercy....
If you haven't yet, get on youtube and search for fort lewis 420 parachute dash... Makes me proud to be a graduate of FLC
durangowingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I have seen it and it is fucking hilarious!

Interestingly, the person who sent me the link to the video is a staff member who officially "should" be grumpy about such things, but found it really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangowingnut View Post
If you haven't yet, get on youtube and search for fort lewis 420 parachute dash... Makes me proud to be a graduate of FLC
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #8

Down by the River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
How is it in a min-me? Just put a frame on mine and am heading up that way tonight and plan on breaking it out on the ark. Would love to now what you think.

-S
boatmusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #9

Winter Park, Colorado
Randaddy, So sorry we missed you on Saturday. The group I was with was a little bit of a shit show getting out of Vail, and then half the group felt as though they needed to go to the grocery store for camping before getting on the river. Sorry. Hope you found someone to float with. Didn't put on 'til after 1pm, right in the middle of the commerical afternoon rush!

Boatmusher, if you were the two on the min-me in the afternoon...that is a great set up. We definitely discussed you around the campfire that night.

If the Superheros/Mexicans/dirty Pirate women are on the Buzz, thanks for letting us partake in the River Party Weekend frothy drink party. We were all very impressed with the set up and we hope to meet you on the river again very soon. Although some of our party will be banned from sips of the watermelon cocktail!!!!!!!!!!!
Boat-ERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #10

Down by the River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Thanks Boat-ERS. That was just my second run ion that set-up and I really enjoyed it. The river ranger was skeptical which made it that much more fun to grease everything. Next time I'm hoping to run some bigger stuff!
boatmusher is offline   Reply With Quote