room for rent on bear creek soon! - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-05-2008   #1

room for rent on bear creek soon!

i am buying a 3 bed 2 bath home on the put in for bear creek in idledale just west of morrison and redrocks amphitheater. it is a supper nice house and im looking for one more kayaking roommate who will appreciate the awesomeness of this home! i have a blue healer so... dogs are under review, mine is crazy and enough dog for one house but i would be willing to consider! hit me up and let me know. rent is about 500 a month + utilities which average at about 75 month for gas and elect. i will get internet, but have little interest in cable tv so if you want it its yours. just remember, its close to denver(20 min) close to redrocks (5 min) next to lair of the bear mtn bike path, and of course... put in for bear creek is front yard. also about 7 min from evergreen.

crestfallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL

Lair of the Bear is sometimes runnable II- IV-,the 4- is above and below the park got some wood issues though,and fisherman put log bridges over the river in the narrows by the take out.I could understand this since hardly ever gets boated and lots more fishermen but there is a bridge like 1/4 mile upstream,I always remove them and give a menacing glare at any fishermen nearby.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #3

kayaking embassy

well anyone interested in kayaking bear creek is welcome to say they are friends with me once i am a property owner up there! i am tired of kayakers being treated like crap because we appreciate and try to preserve our rivers... i understand that the local crowd from idledale to morrison is not very kayak friendly, but i am infiltrating their peaceful little worlds and bringing us our due respect by showing them what good people we are! lol also i will work it out that as long as it doesn't get to crazy, parking and what not at my place are welcome... and beer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008   #4

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestfallen View Post
well anyone interested in kayaking bear creek is welcome to say they are friends with me once i am a property owner up there! i am tired of kayakers being treated like crap because we appreciate and try to preserve our rivers... i understand that the local crowd from idledale to morrison is not very kayak friendly, but i am infiltrating their peaceful little worlds and bringing us our due respect by showing them what good people we are! lol also i will work it out that as long as it doesn't get to crazy, parking and what not at my place are welcome... and beer!
I've always had a positive experience with home owners at the put in. House rapid I've heard has a not so friendly owner, but as long as you don't portage or scout you'll be OK. Make sure you put in discretely and don't shit or piss at the put in. There is a really nice out house at the take out so do your duties there when your bowels are rumblin.

Parking early season can be an issue at the take out and put in. Specifically if the RTD cannot access its stop at the take out, this could lead to access issues for all of us.

Other than that, looking forward to another great BC season.

Kent
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #5

Golden, Colorado
I am also looking forward to Bear Creek. I missed it last year.

Maybe crestfallen can meet the new House Rapid Neighbors and bribe them with BBQ and beer for permission to make a few early season inspections each year to see if House Rapid is clear? They will probably give crestfallen permission to clean it if needed because I believe that they already understand that keeping that rapid clean will keep the boaters off the creek banks.

Roy and I met the owner at House Rapid once when the little pool drop just below it was choked with wood and we got out of our boats to clear it. She let us knock out the log jam because she understood that more paddlers were on their way and getting rid of the log jam would ensure that nobody else would get out of their boats there... but she wanted us out of there fast.

She seemed like a nice and understanding person but she was upset because someone had been scouting that rapid earlier in the day by walking from roadside with their unleashed dog. She said her dog freaks out when people are walking around there, which I can confirm.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #6

house rapid

yeah i am for sure going to make friends with them with cookies, pies, beer, what ever it takes! and since i will be their neighbor... i hope they will learn that we are not all bad guys and change their view on it a bit. its a small little town(if you can even call it that) up in idledale so i think that they hold on to that sense of community pretty tight. living up there should give me an "in" to being in their good graces! i plan on plowing driveways and helping with anything else i can to get that area kayak friendly!
Old 02-06-2008   #7

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Good man Crest. If it comes down to it, hold a meeting at your house for them to come over and voice their opinions, and work out an acceptable deal all around. Then we will have Gary E wait outside and throw eggs at them when they leave... Whoops, just kidding about that one.

I totally understand them wishing we didn't have interest in their little gem, but unfortunately for them we do, and it's a public/navigable river. Having you up there being the good man and helpful and all will be HUGE going forward. Let's just hope that you don't get run out of town! HA
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #8

HAHAHAHA

I am strangely okay with gary throwing eggs just for the fun of it! its not nff but worthy of his poultry assult none the less! that would almost be worth being run outa town if we could get it on film... but yeah i think throwing a meeting with them would be a great idea for sure!
Old 02-06-2008   #9
EZ

Crestfallen is level headed

I applaud your attitude and efforts, Crestfallen. Your screen name is a bit ironic, but irony is in vogue these days. A common sense, friendly and level headed mentality is what our boating community, and most communities, need these days.

A thoughtful and considered approach, and response, are sorely lacking in the MountainBuzz community these days (was it ever there?). I second Craw's comments that you are on the right track.
EZ is offline   Reply With Quote