roll-a-cots on sale - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-26-2012   #1

prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1982
roll-a-cots on sale

in case any one was in the market, rei has roll-a-cots on sale for $85.39.

Camp Time Roll-A-Cot - Free Shipping at REI.com

bob

86304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012   #2

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
That's an awesome price for a great night's sleep on the river. Toss on a thermarest and you'll never go back to sleeping on the ground again. Not even on one of those hot, heavy, bulky Paco Pads.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #3

My bro turned me onto these in 2004 before my first GC trip. Mine is still kicking, I thought it was excessive until it was like day 5 and everybodies stuff was covered with sand. Best money I have spent for camping.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012   #4

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 80's
Roll-a-cots

A Roll-a-cot and an old Thermarest is the frosting on any muti-day River trip! AND they really don't take up any more room than a hot,sticky paco pad.
coloriverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #5

Sandy, Utah
I know that putting down the Paco Pad is considered sacrilegious by some, but.... I say arise from the ground my river brothers and sisters. Denounce the evil Paco and his ground dwelling ways. Rise above the sand, dirt, mud, and crawling creatures that dwell within your tent or in your campsite. Arise and see the light. Get thee therefore to the roll-a-cot, and repent of your Paco ways.
Sorry....I got a little carried away there....the roll-a-cot spirit was moving me.
Old 08-27-2012   #6

., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
I could see a roll-a-cot / paco combo working out pretty well too. Doubt I'll be dropping my paco for a thermarest, no need to bring both (el paco brings dual functionality for me)
Pro Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #7

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 80's
Can I hear a AMEN Cataraftgirl! Rise Up Brothers and Sisters!!
coloriverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #8

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Only prob with the roll a cot is the height makes it harder to fit in a small tent. Several nights this summer just slept under the stars but could see how rain could put a damper on this

Anyone use a bivysack on their paco on their rollacot?
Old 08-27-2012   #9

Sandy, Utah
Amen brother !!!!! The Paco Pad is a false prophet of comfort.
If I didn't already have a roll-a-cot (9 years old and going strong) I'd be sorely tempted by that REI price.
Old 08-27-2012   #10

Sandy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Only prob with the roll a cot is the height makes it harder to fit in a small tent. Several nights this summer just slept under the stars but could see how rain could put a damper on this

Anyone use a bivysack on their paco on their rollacot?
I sleep under the stars on my RAC quite a bit. I've never thought about a bivy. If it looks like rain, or is raining, we have the tarp up, so I just move under the tarp for the night. I also keep a small tarp next to the cot just in case a storm pops up in the night. I can quickly throw it over me to ride out a quick mountain shower. If you have trees available, you can rig a small tarp for cover. Yes, the cot can determine you tent choice. I used mine for years with an REI Taj and now have a Big Agnes Coulton Creek. Because of a knee issue, I just couldn't do the ground dweller thing anymore. The cot has been a savior on the river. One thing I like about the RAC is that with four cot legs you can micro adjust with rocks to get a perfect level. No more sliding down or rolling off like a pad on the ground.