River Runners, again the best. - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-06-2012   #1

River Runners, again the best.

We could have been left at Split Mountain on the Green. Our Suburban would not start when River Runners tried to run shuttle for us. This was a last min. cancelation we picked up so we had a very small group ( 2 ) so this was the only vehicle that needed to be shuttled. The shuttle crew could have just walked away and said, " it would not start". Mel's crew is top notch, they tried several different fixes and then determined that the problem was most likely a bad fuel pump.
Again River Runners could have left it at that. Mel did check on my info and added phone contacts, called my work # (there are hundreds of #'s at the plant I work at). I am not sure how she ended up on the phone with one of our boater friends that could not make the trip with us, but she did. Mel explained the situation to TJ and he said " I have a fix for this situation". He took another truck to the put in and RR's shuttled that vehicle for us and when we made the take out we WERE NOT STRANDED!!!!
River Runners went way beyond what the hiring agreement had in it.
This was all taken care of all along while they are dealing with the personal lose of one of thier driver's wife. Class act they are at all times. They are river rats and know the life on and around the river, a big THANK YOU to River Runners as well as TJ and his wife Marline for helping to smoth out the bump in the road!!!!

dport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012   #2

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Kudos

Have used them 4-5 times Deso or Gates. Always have been a class act. One time there was an incident coming out of Sand Wash (imagine that) with sight and they crashed one vehicle into a trailer. They brought a spare trailer to the take out so they would have a way to get their boat home.
As always read the agreements to know where yours and their insurance liabilities responsibiltys reside. I am using them again this year.
chateaunoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. It's good to know there are some good companies out there that value their customers more then a quick buck.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012   #4
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Used them many times and they did great. Some folks expect way too much from a shuttle company in my opinion. That's what insurance is for, shit happens sometimes and it's out of anyone's control.

A small problem happened on one of my trips and the person was furious with a pretty small problem. Ed spent a lot of hours on the phone trying to smooth the problem and take care of the person.

If you are afraid about your vehicle getting damaged, then shuttle yourself!

I have River Runners on my speed dial and will always use them in the future!

Alex
Old 08-07-2012   #5

Lewistown, middle of MT
Paddling Since: 1982
Great outfit.
Old 08-07-2012   #6

Silt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Great people!!! I have used them in the past as well!!
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Love River Runners! Wouldn't think of using anyone else when doing Deso, Lodore, or the Yampa. Class act all the way around.
markdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #8

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I'll second, third, or forth all of the above. Last month we ran Deso and on the way in one vehicle ran over something and punctured a tire. We changed it and drove a little over a mile and the rear tire on the same side blew. We were able to cobble a repair on the first one by cutting a plug out of the blown one and plugging it with hypalon glue. We called and left a message and the next morning the shuttle driver for another shuttle came down, got both tires, fixed the one and replaced the blown one. Short story we didn't have to mess with tires when we got off the river. THANK YOU RIVER RUNNERS!!
Aykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #9

I've used RR every year for about 8 years now. I've insisted on them when others in the group wanted to run our own shuttle, and promoted them on this site too. I've always thought them super reliable, affordable, and accommodating, but this year we had 2 out of 3 trailers damaged on our Lodore shuttle. One of them had a side-panel ripped off, and the other sustained over $350 in frame damage not including the shredded tire, and was in undrivable condition. The roads were recently graded and in great shape, and it isn't that long of a drive so, although I do understand "accidents happen," I still feel this was a bit more damage than one should expect. Guess I can't jump on the bandwagon this time.... I suppose that these 2 issues averaged out over the other years when we had no problems still equates to a decent track record.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #10
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I've used RR every year for about 8 years now. I've insisted on them when others in the group wanted to run our own shuttle, and promoted them on this site too. I've always thought them super reliable, affordable, and accommodating, but this year we had 2 out of 3 trailers damaged on our Lodore shuttle. One of them had a side-panel ripped off, and the other sustained over $350 in frame damage not including the shredded tire, and was in undrivable condition. The roads were recently graded and in great shape, and it isn't that long of a drive so, although I do understand "accidents happen," I still feel this was a bit more damage than one should expect. Guess I can't jump on the bandwagon this time.... I suppose that these 2 issues averaged out over the other years when we had no problems still equates to a decent track record.
How did RR handle the issues?