Reward for AT Flexi on the Blue - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-21-2007   #1

Reward for AT Flexi on the Blue

$75, a bottle of good Tequilla, and loads of good karma if anyone finds my paddle.

I lost my AT Carbon Flexi paddle on the Lower Blue (below Green Mountain Res) at the first diversion dam below the wall rapid this afternoon (6/21). It could be downstream by now, or it could be sitting at the bottom of the diversion dam. Perhaps it will show up when the flows drop a bit. Anyway, I'd love to get it back if anyone comes across it. My name and number are on the paddle but are a bit faded. Please pm me if you find it and can't read the number.

BTW, lesson learned - if you're not on a roadside run, it's a good idea to carry a breakdown or hand paddles - I used my buddy's poggies for the rest of the run but that was a little sketchy.

Many thanks, Peter.

flexisearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007   #2

Arvada (Denver), Colorado
Reward for AT Flexi on the Blue

Since the flow was around 2100 cfs on 6/21/07, how did the canyon run at this level?

Did you see any blockages or newly displaced logs, wood or other debris?

Anyone else run the canyon at this or highest levels of 2600 cfs on 6/18?

Hasn't been at these levels for a long time. Other than the lost paddle, bet it was a good ride!
Ole Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Rivers View Post
Since the flow was around 2100 cfs on 6/21/07, how did the canyon run at this level?

Did you see any blockages or newly displaced logs, wood or other debris?

Anyone else run the canyon at this or highest levels of 2600 cfs on 6/18?

Hasn't been at these levels for a long time. Other than the lost paddle, bet it was a good ride!
It was a great ride until the first diversion dam! It was my first time down the Lower Blue so I can't really compare it to lower flows. We definitely were moving quickly though - a few catchable surf waves enroute, then the big play wave (1/2 way down?) looked a bit frothy - we surfed it on the side which wasn't too grabby. The wall rapid (main rapid) was pretty straightforward, we went right of center to center. There was a tree lodged parallel with the river at 2100 cfs on the far right side about 2/3rds of the way down the rapid - easy to avoid. Other than that I didn't see any problems with wood or other debris.

If you can, get over and scout the diversion dams. I went right of center and was not lined up well - quickly got punished. I see that someone else posted to go left of center on the first dam - probably a good call. I can't speak about the second dam b/c I portaged that one after losing my paddle.

It's definitely a beautiful run. Have a great one.
flexisearch is offline   Reply With Quote