Random Kayak Thread - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-29-2012   #1

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Random Kayak Thread

I'll be dumping any suitable videos or pictures I find here. Feel free to post whatever you want, as long as it's kayak related. You could also just talk shit, I don't care.

I can honestly say I don't think this creek will ever end up on my to do list. Props to the guy C-1ing it, crazy dude.

And heres a cool picture. I'll leave the url of the websites I find pictures at to give them credit.

General Blog ę River Left Productions

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012   #2

In anticipation for spending spring break in California I've been checking out some classic Cali creeks. I discovered the Wet State episodes. These guys have tons of quality videos with often less than a thousand views. Here is one of Burnt Ranch Gorge.

Here is the write up of the run and the photo source.
Darin McQuoid Photography
Old 03-01-2012   #3

Being as you failed to come to the pretrip meeting last night, aka pool session, an executive decision was made that we are only taking play boats. Don't worry though I ran BRG once a couple years ago and think I can lead you down with quality beta like there's a boof and some splashy stuff.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Being as you failed to come to the pretrip meeting last night, aka pool session, an executive decision was made that we are only taking play boats. Don't worry though I ran BRG once a couple years ago and think I can lead you down with quality beta like there's a boof and some splashy stuff.
Ya about that... After a caffeine binge, face buried in a wonderful and magical biology book, I realized what I had done. This was around 9:45pm... Anyways I overrule this decision, I'm the only one allowed to bring a creek boat.

Oh just a boof and splashy stuff huh? I'd say this rapid could fall into that category.

http://www.teampyranha.com/2011/03/1...first-descent/
Old 03-01-2012   #5
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Spencer, remember we had that talk about trust? Anything that I can run with a broken ankle, you can handle in a playboat. Almost anything. Don't worry, we'll take care of you.

So on this next one, you want to be mostly center, and then you'll see this awesome boof, and then after that, it's just read and run. Oh wait, that's a different rapid. Ok let's go.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
If you go on a trip and only bring a playboat that can say one of two things about you. You either have a bad meth addiction or just plain fairy. I just bought the Lars Holbek Cali guide let me know if you need to use it.....
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif View Post
Spencer, remember we had that talk about trust? Anything that I can run with a broken ankle, you can handle in a playboat. Almost anything. Don't worry, we'll take care of you.

So on this next one, you want to be mostly center, and then you'll see this awesome boof, and then after that, it's just read and run. Oh wait, that's a different rapid. Ok let's go.
Hmm... can you run BRG with a broken leg?

CaliProduct
Old 03-02-2012   #8
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Got word from the doctor. Pretty much thumbs up on kayaking. I said: "we'll be doing a lot of paddling in the ocean." He said that should be fine. Ha ha ahahaaaa.

Spencer, you'll probably be more scared in the ocean than you will be on whatever rivers we go run. And not even you would think of taking a creekboat in the ocean.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif View Post
Got word from the doctor. Pretty much thumbs up on kayaking. I said: "we'll be doing a lot of paddling in the ocean." He said that should be fine. Ha ha ahahaaaa.

Spencer, you'll probably be more scared in the ocean than you will be on whatever rivers we go run. And not even you would think of taking a creekboat in the ocean.
This is how I imagined your reaction after talking to the doctor.

Also ocean surfing, can't wait

Expedition Kayaks: September 2008
Old 03-02-2012   #10

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by smauk2 View Post
In anticipation for spending spring break in California I've been checking out some classic Cali creeks. I discovered the Wet State episodes. These guys have tons of quality videos with often less than a thousand views.
Wow, thanks for those Wet State videos, don't know how I haven't seen those before. Great quality, tripod footage, sweet tunes, less than a 1000 views?? Maybe these guys don't spray enough on Facebook.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote