question re K-pumps.. - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-12-2016   #1

Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
question re K-pumps..

Can K pumps get you to 7psi, and do they fit the smmit2 valves without adapters?
Thanks in advance.

JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2016   #2
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
You will be looking at the K-20HP. It is geared towards the standup boards or dropstitch. It should have any of the nozzle pieces you need to inflate. I don't see summits often except import stuff.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016   #3
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
The cheap pump that came with the boat I believe you're concerned about getting 7psi in the floor of your sk100ds. works just fine for me. (since I have four of those boats, I also have 4 of those pumps) I typically fill my boats with a shop vac plugged in to an inverter, makes short work of getting the mass of air in. I then top off with the pump that came with it, it easily does 7psi. and my tubes since they are less, usually only take 2 - 3 pumps each. usually about 5 or 6 to get the floor up to pressure after filling with the shop vac. I carry the pump in an Aire "cargo hold" - I'm assuming you want to use the k-pump because of it's size and portability. really not a lot smaller than the pump that came with the sk100ds. but I guess you get to save on space that the hose occupies.
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016   #4

Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
I was just wondering about it for future use if the Sevy pump fails. I don't carry a pump in the boat as i only do day trips and this boat holds good pressure for days if not weeks once fully inflated, even in the below freezing temps we are having now. On an unrelated topic, would it surf better with a float bag in the bow to prevent water coming in and pearling the bow?
JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016   #5
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMM View Post
I was just wondering about it for future use if the Sevy pump fails. I don't carry a pump in the boat as i only do day trips and this boat holds good pressure for days if not weeks once fully inflated, even in the below freezing temps we are having now. On an unrelated topic, would it surf better with a float bag in the bow to prevent water coming in and pearling the bow?
I've had better luck surfing them while leaning back quite a ways. I haven't tried a float bag though, it might work, so as not to dump a bunch of water right in the bow.

for the pump though, the replacement pump is cheap. (way cheaper than a k-pump. ) Sevylor U185YEL Double Action Yellow Outdoor Universal Riverboat Hand Pump - Walmart.com

probably similar if not more volume too.