question for s6f owners-cracking? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-27-2005   #1

student, slacker, nose picker, ski boot fitter/fly fishin' guide
question for s6f owners-cracking?

Just wondering if anyone out there with an s6f has had one crack under the front/or side lip of the cockpit where the skirt holds on to. Mine did right at the bolt that holds the knee/ thigh brace. I heard there might have been a couple others and it might be a warranty issue. Anybody else out there heard anything similar?

chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005   #2
Len

Buena Vista, Colorado
happend to a friend of mine

I saw the exact same thing happen to a friends s6f and heard about it on someones h3. It cracked on both sides just below the rim.

Pyranha was really good about replacing it -- they sent him out a brand new boat right away. Give them a call.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #3

I heard of it once as well, but it was the result of a sub-par paddling performance and a temporary seperation of paddler and boat on a gnarly section of class I on the Eagle.
THorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005   #4

it's a warranty issue. they screwed up oby using the wrong bolts/screws at the thigh brace. all the new pyranhas have different screws and pyranha sent the pyranha dealers new screws to fix the problem so i'd talk to them cause it should be replaced.
kveith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #5

TH!! DOOOD!! Why ya gotta be like that spreadin' rumors!!? You kno it happened sharpenin' up the 'ol flatwater loop this past spring in Axle Rose's hot tub down in Buenos Aires. It was a' lil crowded wit all da senoritas...I ended up upside down on the deck that time I went UUUUGE!! You remember..I spilled your umbrella drink..

len and kveith- thnx for the info.. i also heard they were good/ qwik with the warranty..

TH- you still paddlin' the loaner? it's been 3 weeks right?
Old 06-27-2005   #6

aaaah, now I remember - you bent the umbrella pretty badly and spilled pina colada all over Jessica Simpsons top. Thats when you got the beat down on the deck, I doubt the warranty covers damage from high heels?
Old 06-27-2005   #7

Mine cracked in the same place. Less than a year old. In for warrenty last weekend. No fu fu umbrella drinks evolved, but I wish.

d
out
DamonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #8

Central, Colorado
I had that happen to me TWICE! The first time Pyranha replaced the boat with a brand new shell, and I just had to move the hardware. Then that boat cracked in the same place 15 months later... and I was out of luck.

Pyranha only warrants their boats for ONE YEAR only -- since mine cracked more than a year since I got it, it was not covered under the warranty. The Pyranha reps offered to sell me a brand new S6F for $350, but wouldn't do anything about the boat that cracked. It was a generous offer, but it did force me to buy a new boat which I wasn't interested in doing...

Hope you had yours for less than a year. I got rid of the Pyranha and switched to Liquid Logic -- lifetime warranty on manufacturer's defects.

tom.
tpalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #9

I better get in touch with a dealer Asap! It's becomes a year old in july! Thanks for all the info guys.

TH!! get home for dinner!!! and keep those stories straight! And remember.... what happened in B.A... stays in B.A..

You still got Jessica Simpsons #?.. I heard she's sick o' nick...Move over bacon.. here's somethin' leaner..
Old 06-27-2005   #10

Its not me you have to worry about, its that bastard Burt Reynolds - a little Zima and he'll talk to anyone who will listen...