Question for all you video editors - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-06-2005   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Question for all you video editors

I am playing around with windows movie maker on my computer. I have never done very much video editing. I am wondering how to get music files into my videos. I can not access the itunes formated files is there a way to convert files to MP3 or something? I want to edit up my sponsor me kayaking video so that I can make a million dollars as a pro kayaker...oh wait that was ten years ago...now I want to edit my kids birthday parties together for my Mom...thanks for any tips

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2005   #2
BC

proshow gold

IDVD is the best for basics but if you are using a PC you'll soon find that Window's stuff can never burn to a DVD so it's essentially useless. Photodex proshow gold is very userfriendly and comprehensive and allows you to burn to a variety of formats, insert mpg's etc etc

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #3

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Throw your pc away and get a powermac G5 with final cut pro. So user friendly (and FAST) you'll never have to ask anyone anything ever again.
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2005   #4

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Mike: See if you can convert your files into an AIFF and if that will work. It does for sure with FCP, and similar mac programs.... Or read up and see what type of music files it needs.... If anything download a music sharing program and get the mp3's via the internet, however they are usually not very good quality..... lots of blanks and what not once on a timeline.....

Agree with the Power mac G5..... haha

Ben
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
OK, yeah, yeah, I am not buying a new computer. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep trying.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #6

audio files

Look in the user manual for your application. See what sound file formats are compatible with your application. The version of the application as well as the app will determine what you can import. AIFF file have become pretty universal, but you may have to play and digitize the tracks into the app the same as you digitize footage. Good luck.
dmaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #7

audio files

Look in the user manual for your application. See what sound file formats are compatible with your application. The version of the application as well as the app will determine what you can import. AIFF file have become pretty universal, but you may have to play and digitize the tracks into the app the same as you digitize footage. Good luck.
dmaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #8

Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
I have been told that itunes mp3s are formatted to be incompatible with windows media software. Thus far I have not been able to figure out how to us an mp3 from itunes. The easiest solution for me is to create a new mp3 in windows media player of the song I want to use, if i can dig up the CD. It works just fine, but there has to be a better way. good luck.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #9

Teacher
I ran into that the other day and I read up and I said to use Quick time to convert the file to Aiff. A CD should be easier.

Peter
Old 12-08-2005   #10

a couple of alternatives

first, convert: http://www.hymn-project.org/jhymndoc Though it appears that this software hasn't figured out itunes 6.0 yet...

otherwise, can you burn your itunes stuff to a cd, then rip it back to Mp3?

One site I use alot is VCDHelp.com

hope that helps

j
BigLoco is offline   Reply With Quote