qualified raftguide/kayaker or just good safetykayaker wanted in Guatemala, urgent!! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-20-2007   #1

qualified raftguide/kayaker or just good safetykayaker wanted in Guatemala, urgent!!

Okay, you waterdudes

Guatemala Rafting is really seriously looking for a Qualified raftguide/good kayaker on very short notice!!!, since we miss one over here. I also would accept an unqualified good safetykayaker on the same short notice. SEASON GOES TO END FEB AND YOU MAKE 40$ A TRIP.

We have a great place here in Lanqun, Alta Verapaz, Guatemala, rafting the river Cahabon, we work together wth a great hostel and are building up the company. live is great here. Anyhow, i already wrote a very long letter to you who would react to inform you about the whole thing. So i will send it to you if you write me!! Be quick please.

pescador, guatemala rafting

pescador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007   #2

Denver, Colorado
FYI Lanquin is very small but really cool. It is quickly becoming a travelers mecca because of its isolated feel friendly culture and wicked jungles.

I was there for my first time in May (on a tip from a kayaking buddy of mine) and it was the best part of my trip to GUA.

$40 ain't much but it's more than enough to live fat on the hog in Lanquin. I was spending about $20 a day for food and housing and living really well.
Old 07-20-2007   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO SPEND THIS FALL /WINTER PADDLING IN AN AWESOME TROPICAL LOCALE WITH A MULTITUDE OF CLASS 3 TO 5 RIVERS;CAHABON,LANQUIN,CHIXOY,SAUCE,POLOCHIC,MATAN ZAS/PANIMA,
AND THE LAS CONCHAS SECTION OF THE UPPER SARSTUN,TO NAME A FEW,SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS.EL RETIRO LODGE THIER BASE IS ONE OF THE COOLEST HOSTELS IN NORTHERN CENTRAL AMERICA,NEARBY SEMUC CHAMPEY IS REPUTED TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOT IN GUATEMALA.THEY ARE RIGHT ON THE 3/4 LANQUIN WITH A CLASS 5 RAPID "WRONG WAY TO CAPETOWN"ABOUT 4 KM DOWNSTREAM,THERE ARE HAIR RUNS ON THE UPPER CAHABON AND LOTS OF 3 / 4.IF YOUR INTERESTED IN GUIDING OR SAFETY BOATING ABROAD HERES YOUR CHANCE!!

Maarten,
How's it going?A question alot of people might have is do you have kayaks people can rent or use?It is a pain in the ass to get boats on the airplanes.
I plan to come down again,couldn't afford it last year.I wish i was qualified for the job,planning on taking some swiftwater rescue classes,I wouldn't mind safety kayaking for afew weeks on the Cahabon,but couldn't commit to the whole time ,i have a small business to run.Have you and Greg been boating?Sorry I couldn't help you with the rafts,money problems.See you October or November.

Jay
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007   #4

he jay

life is good here except for the second guide thing. for me its time to make us more known all over guatemala. i need to go places....

yes i have some boats here

greetings from martin pescador

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO SPEND THIS FALL /WINTER PADDLING IN AN AWESOME TROPICAL LOCALE WITH A MULTITUDE OF CLASS 3 TO 5 RIVERS;CAHABON,LANQUIN,CHIXOY,SAUCE,POLOCHIC,MATAN ZAS/PANIMA,
AND THE LAS CONCHAS SECTION OF THE UPPER SARSTUN,TO NAME A FEW,SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS.EL RETIRO LODGE THIER BASE IS ONE OF THE COOLEST HOSTELS IN NORTHERN CENTRAL AMERICA,NEARBY SEMUC CHAMPEY IS REPUTED TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOT IN GUATEMALA.THEY ARE RIGHT ON THE 3/4 LANQUIN WITH A CLASS 5 RAPID "WRONG WAY TO CAPETOWN"ABOUT 4 KM DOWNSTREAM,THERE ARE HAIR RUNS ON THE UPPER CAHABON AND LOTS OF 3 / 4.IF YOUR INTERESTED IN GUIDING OR SAFETY BOATING ABROAD HERES YOUR CHANCE!!

Maarten,
How's it going?A question alot of people might have is do you have kayaks people can rent or use?It is a pain in the ass to get boats on the airplanes.
I plan to come down again,couldn't afford it last year.I wish i was qualified for the job,planning on taking some swiftwater rescue classes,I wouldn't mind safety kayaking for afew weeks on the Cahabon,but couldn't commit to the whole time ,i have a small business to run.Have you and Greg been boating?Sorry I couldn't help you with the rafts,money problems.See you October or November.

Jay
pescador is offline   Reply With Quote