Pyranha waranty???? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-25-2008   #1
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Pyranha waranty????

So.... Has anyone had to deal with Pyranha waranty this season or ever? It's starting to seems like there is a "process" I need to go through. Its been 2 and a half weeks so far and Im getting impatient. I feel like I should not have to wait so long or is this normal. I have never had to waranty a kayak. Any Advice? I all ready had to buy another boat OH WELL if it does take a while the the Ammo is still a SICK boat!

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008   #2

Golden, Colorado
If it is an obvious defect then I would expect to have it taken care of on the spot... but I bet that is rare. That has only happened to me once (obvious defect). Back in the old days, Pyranha InAZones used to have a design flaw in which the seat outfitting was bolted to the cockpit rim and the rim eventually tore out. When I brought mine into the shop they grabbed a new one off the shelf and gave it to me. It took about half an hour to deal with the receipts and walk out of there.

If you cracked the hull on a rock then I would expect some hemming and hawing. I don't really expect a manufacturer to replace a boat that I crack by swimming or pile-driving or repeated manking... but a discount on a new shell is cool.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #3

My boat broke (on a rock) and it was less then 1 year old - it was the front chine of an M:3 - I called them up sent them some pictures and they sent be a brand new boat to my local shop.

i had to pay shipping and it took a few weeks but i got a new boat.

This was 2005
pcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008   #4
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
There is an obvious defect it the bottom of the bow and this boat has less than 10 days on it. I have called sent pics and taken it to the dealer who concered with me that there was an issue with my boat. The waranty guy said that he had to send the pics and my info to production in Euroup. Im pretty sure that they they thought I was full of s**t when I called them. After putting a streight edge to the boat you could see in a picture the defect. They seem friendly and try to be helpfull but I was hopping I could have the dealer look at my boat, call waranty and send me away with a new boat or at least tell me something.
Old 06-27-2008   #5
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Well after a day or 3 of himming and hawing Pryanha agreed to send me a new boat for the cost of shipping. I have to give the defective one to my dealer and they will hand me a new boat. Whole process will have taken 3.5 weeks by the time I have my new boat. I would say that my dealer and Pyranha realy pulled through. +1 Pyranha waranty!!!