PWTPs Alpine Kayak this weekend. - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-22-2005   #1

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
PWTPs Alpine Kayak this weekend.

Am I still allowed to post? I’m sure I will get worked here now!
Wanted to let you know about Alpine Kayak and our Paddle with the Pros stop this weekend. With water levels ripping right now we are planning a big weekend of river time. The actual PWTPs is on Sat. from 11-3pm at a TBD section of river. Meet at the shop in Avon by 10:30 so we can be in route by 11. Any section or spot will be within 10 minutes drive of Avon.
It looks like Betty's Hole (I know) will be good but the level needs to drop a hair. We will know the levels Sat. morn and make the call then. You can call the shop during the day at 970 949-3350 and find out where we went.
But here is the bonus. If you want to come up Friday night and run Gillman Gorge IV - V, a group from the shop will be meeting at the take out at 5:30pm including myself and Corey Volt. If you are into doing a good pm run down the eagle, email me and let me know. Just make sure you are good to go with that section. And after Gillman, my favorite ritual. Wild Turkey in a paper shot cup at the Minturn Saloon!

See you this weekend.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2005   #2

Hobie--we all love you and what you do.

Wish I could come and hang with Sean and the rest of the crew.

Living in the 303 limits what I can do on the weekends!!!!

SYOTR--sometime
Derek
K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #3

Cody, Wyoming
Sunday activities??

hobie, i was suprised by the original post but after seeing the context of the article, no one can take issue unless they are a total choad to quote another west sider.

so anyway, any activities planned for sunday? i already have plans for saturday, but can be there sunday. please stick around and give us a second day like you did for those front rangers.

970 for life! later.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005   #4

Been paddling Gilman all week and its at an awesome level. The hole should be sweet too if it comes down a little bit more.
Hope to see you all there.
-Scott
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #5

Hey all,
Just a reminder that we'll be paddling Gilman tonight. 5:30 at the take-out or we have a crew meeting at the shop b/t 4:30-5pm.

Then back for some playboating on Sat am @ 10:30am.

SYOTR,

-Sean
Alpine Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #6

Ritter----what up, you back in CO?? sorry I missed you teva weekend, come down to the 303 next week.

CB over the 4th???

DP
K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking