Punk Rocker for a Small Burn - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-12-2008   #1

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Punk Rocker for a Small Burn

I bought a Punk Rocker this spring (blue) and have paddled it a few times. It's a great boat but since buying it, I paddled a small Burn and feel like it would be a better boat for my uses. Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a trade or in buying an almost new Punk Rocker.

conmihupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Punk Rocker not for sale anymore, I broke it this weekend.
Old 06-16-2008   #3

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
conmihupa -

Have you contacted Jackson Kayaks? Blue was a defective color and they will warranty your boat.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008   #4

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Jens,

It's not true that Blue was defective... It is however a color that revealed several broken boats comparitive to barely any in other colors. There are 1000's of blue JK boats out there that are perfectly fine.

Conmihupa, contact our warrantly dept. We have a very strong warranty and depending on the age of your boat, it will be warrantied to some degree.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #5

Indian Hills, Colorado
jackson ;(

i wouldnt call jackson a strong warranty dept. it is about the same as most u.s. based companies. i broke my rocker 3 weeks ago, paddled 7 mos. but because date of purchase was passed 12 mos, i get a shell for $250. i am not complaining, just informing that jackson is not a "super" company, just an average one.

one bummer with the cross link is that it can not be welded. you just drill out the corners, slap some ice and water shield on it and say a prayer. i have had to drill out the corners of the crack 3 different times because it keeps expanding. who ever says cross link plastic is better, is full of it. the only property it holds over the rest is that it can not be welded.
crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #6

Steamboat, Colorado
I bought it in April and have paddled it a handful of times...I am sure Jackson will take care of it as no boat should crack like this one did after so few uses.
Old 06-17-2008   #7

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Craw - thanks for the correction, I knew they got rid of the blue because of cracks in boats - something about the plastic having to bake longer?

Anyway my husband had a blue Superfun demo that cracked and we were able to get a replacement hull with no issues - I'd say Jackson is above par in customer service and warranty.

Now I have a purple Hero so I'm glad the blue was not a good color - purple is much better!
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote