Pumphouse photography - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-16-2011   #1

Evergreen, Co.
Paddling Since: 2000
Pumphouse photography

Anyone know who's taking photos at eye of the needle rapid. Whitewaterphotography.com doesn't have upper colorado on it's list of rivers. Thx.

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011   #2

summit, Colorado
Welcome to Rapid Image Photography!
They seem to take a day or two to post, and the pictures seem to be in a fairly random order (my last series of pictures was one of me, then one of another guy, then one of me, then one of another guy, then one of me....etc) But that's who's doing 'em.
basinrafter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #3

Evergreen, Co.
Paddling Since: 2000
Thanks Bro, checked it out and photos are only posted up to the 12th and we went through on 13th Prob need another day or so.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011   #4

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Mighty Upper Photos have been taking pictures recently, too. PhotoReflect - Mighty Upper Photos, Inc. . They seem more likely to take pictures of any and everyone, unlike Rapid Image who seems to typically take pictures of the people that ask them too.
waterbob83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #5

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
I'm glad this thread popped up. I saw a photographer there in July when we came through. I went and looked, and they (Rapid Image) got us (15 frames). Not a real exciting location, but nice to see anyway. And we didn't ask to have pics taken.
openboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #6

Eagle, Colorado
The guy told me he was with Lakota, but I never saw anything on their website for the Upper C when I looked
jalthage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #7

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
The day we were there (24 July, Sun), someone was just above the Eye, and another one was just above the hot springs. It was the Eye photographer with Rapid that I saw pics from.
openboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #8

Kremmling, Colorado
Permitted photographers

Both Rapid Image and Mighty Upper Photos are permitted by the BLM Kremmling Field Office.

The rafting companies may take pictures of their own trips, but are not allowed to take pictures of/and sell pictures to private boaters.
Teri_at_BLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #9

Thronton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalthage View Post
The guy told me he was with Lakota, but I never saw anything on their website for the Upper C when I looked
Lakota only photographs their own trips as far as I know, and they don't do a lot of them on the Upper C. He was probably there that day (why would the guy lie? LOL), but was only taking pictures of their own trip. He probably then jumped in a vehicle and headed for the take-out!

They do a nice job at Lakota with pictures though, if you ever take a trip with them on the Eagle...
BoilermakerU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #10

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri_at_BLM View Post
Both Rapid Image and Mighty Upper Photos are permitted by the BLM Kremmling Field Office.

The rafting companies may take pictures of their own trips, but are not allowed to take pictures of/and sell pictures to private boaters.
This post piqued my curiosity - Teri, would you mind explaining first why commercial photogs need a permit from BLM, and second, why is it rafting co's can photo their own trips but not privates?

And lastly, if these photog services are required to be permitted, then why not require a permit for a guy such as John Fielder, who's essentially doing the same thing but with different subject matter?
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote