Pump suggestions - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-09-2008   #1

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
Pump suggestions

I just picked up a two person inflatable kayak and need to get a pump. There seems to be a significant difference is price. What do you guys think is the best for the money? I'm planning on getting a small one for in the craft, something like the EZpump or the K-pump, and then a larger barrel pump.

Anyone have an extra they don't want anymore?

Thanks
Tele

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008   #2

I have an extra pump. its sorta like the wonder pump but cheap. Its yours for free if you want it. but I'll take a 6 pack of beer too.

I'm in denver. send me a pm and you can come grab it.
pcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
For $35 you can get a Bravo foot pump which will last a lot longer than the "wonder" pump. If the free one's a really cheap one it'll be worth what you pay for it.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I had the K-Pump and really liked it once I got used to using it. I didn't have another hand pump and there were a few times when my car battery blower died and I had to inflate the entire raft with it. It was just fine. I really liked that the K-Pump had both a larger pump and a top off pump in one. It also fit perfectly strapped my frame under my seat and no hose to deal with. Also the guy in Oregon who developed it is really helpful and knowledgeable. If you have any questions he was more than willing to talk about it. The version I got initially had a manufacturer defect, he over nighted me a new one so I could make my permit date and gave postage for the broken one.
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #5
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Walmart! They have a small 2 way pump. Its like 10 bucks you will need to fit a peice of clear tube or somthing on the hose so it fits your valve but its easy... I have had mine for 2 seasons and use it for a top off pump on a small raft and use it on my wifes Tomcat. Sports athourity has one as well. Its a pretty good pump for 10$
Old 06-10-2008   #6

Salt Lake City, Utah
"K" Pump. The simple way to go.

K
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #7

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I bought the K pump I think its a 200 model that I use to top off, and I use a 15 dollar rechargeable mattress pump from target to inflate. I'm sure with a ducky you could also use a smaller cheaper K pump.
davecosnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I love my K-pump, it is so easy to stow instead of the typical awkward shape of most pumps. Be aware, they have had some O-ring issues (resolved but who knows if a pump you buy has been sitting around and from that run), and are GREAT to deal with. So if you get one, and it doesn't seem to actually pump, give them a jingle and you'll get new lube and o-rings in the mail.
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #9

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
Thanks for the input, sounds like two pumps is going to be the ticket. Opinions Between the EZ-Pump and the K-Pump? I'm leaning toward the K-400 because it sounds like the best one (with the 2 stage) if you happen to be left with only one pump. But $100 bucks more?

Cascade Outfitters Whitewater Rafting Equipment: seems to be the best source I've found so far.

Thanks
Tele
teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote