Pueblo Whitewater Park Blog Launches! - Mountain Buzz

View Poll Results: Have you ever paddled in the Pueblo Whitewater Park?
Yes 15 60.00%
No 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007   #1
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Pueblo Whitewater Park Blog Launches!

I am happy announce the launch of the Paddle Pueblo blog. I am just getting started here, but I will have all the beta you need to come and have a great time in the Pueblo Whitewater Park.

I will present info on the park including photos and info on each of the eight drops. I will also have info on how to get to the park where to park, where to eat and updates on events in the park.

My goal here is to give those of you who live outside of the P-Town area all the info you need for a trip to our park in one place.

I also encourage comments, requests and any suggestions you might have to help me make this the best source for info on the park.

Have a look today, and stop by often to see updates.

http://paddlepueblo.blogspot.com/

-Bryan

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007   #2
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
I'll definitely try to pass along what I know.

I cut my teeth as a boater at the PPP, and I LOVE it there. I'm a terrible playboater, but I love going there nonetheless. I know my way around the city a bit, too.

First place you gotta add to "where to eat" is Jorge's for Mexican!
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #3

Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Nice work BKP.....as usual.

I know it's a paddle pueblo site, but maybe a mention of the kick ass mtn. bike trails nearby would add some incentive to visit lovely Ptown??? Paddle and peddle. As a PPP regular, I'd love to see more boaters from all over. I realize it seems that ptown is "in the middle of nowhere", but there's quite a bit more to do than a lot of people realize.

Or do we not want to draw too much attention to them (yet)?? Not being stingy with info, the more the merrier, its just that the trails are continuously being improved/expanded. They used to be just hiking/horseback riding trails and now more and more bikers are kickin' up the dust.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007   #4
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Thanks GT! I think that it would be a great idea. I will plan on adding other stuff like the mtn biking and Lake Pueblo after I get the basics of the Whitewater Park in place. The single track trails at the South Shore are said to rival those in Fruita. I am not sure since I have never ridden in Fruita, but I do know that they are an amazing place to ride.

Maybe I will have to do a "Boat-N-Bike" blog later this spring. You are more than welcome to contribute when you get back from the Grandest of Canyons.

-B
Old 02-22-2007   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
We love the PPP. It's not in the middle of nowhere and if you get some water flowing we will be down there asap.
Old 02-22-2007   #6

Having never been there, it would be cool to have a description of how the park is at different flows. Good Work!
etnguppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #7
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Yes, I am hoping to go drop by drop with descriptions of them at varying flows along with photos to illustrate the makeup of each drop. Please feel free to comment on the blog I look forward to hearing from any paddlers that make the trip to P-town for some good paddlin'.

-Bryan
Old 02-22-2007   #8

Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Kinda what I was thinking too Bryan....the more riders on those trails the better. You know more about Vance's efforts (and challenges) than I.....so I wasn't sure. Maybe post a scanned copy of the trail maps??

I know a lot of the Springs paddlin' peeps make it down, which is awesome. Matter of fact, there are probably MORE Springs boaters that paddle it than Ptown folk.

What I meant by saying that we're in the "middle of nowhere", is that a lot of people may not realize how easy it is to couple with a Royal Gorge run (PPP is about 30-40 minutes from the take out).

I'll definitely contribute to the blog as much as possible when I get back and the water starts to rise!!
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #9
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Hey GT!

Check out the new header on the blog. I think you might get a kick out of it! This guy seems to be popping up everywhere!

-B.
Old 03-02-2007   #10
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Blog updated

Dredging, back-filliing and mudjacking continue in the Pueblo Whitewater park in preparation for the coming season. An update with photos of the work is availabe in the Paddle Pueblo blog.

http://paddlepueblo.blogspot.com

Have a look.

-Bryan

Tags
ark