Pueblo Ice Breaker Rodeo Postponed - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-17-2007   #1
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Pueblo Ice Breaker Rodeo Postponed

I regret to announce that the Pueblo Paddlers Ice Breaker Rodeo & Boat Demo has been postponed until Saturday May 12th. Due to lack of early season runoff and a wet spring on the front range and points east the flows on the Arkanasas River through the park are too low to hold the event we wanted to hold.

By postponing the event we are hopeful that we will be able to present a quality boating event in May when there should be more water. So save your gas money for next month and keep your eyes on "The Buzz" for more info.

-Bryan Kelsen
The Pueblo Paddlers

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007   #2

Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Bummer.......it was an excellent event last year and we had good water. I was hoping similar flows would be realized this year. Looking forward to May 12th, I'm sure we'll have more water by then (1000 possibly?)and hopefully warmer weather.

I've talked to A LOT of people from around the state about the PPP, those that haven't made it seem excited to give it a try......so all ya'll better make it down!!!

Jeb
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #3
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
We may not be having the rodeo this weekend, but the PWP ain't closed. So if you are in the neighborhood stop by. We just figured that we'd skip the whole "the show must go on" mentality and concentrate on quality for our events. Plus now you have extra time to practice so you can avoid drinking from your booty on your next trip to P-town! Bwahhhhhhh!