Pre-set Z-drag pin kit? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-31-2015   #1

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2009
Pre-set Z-drag pin kit?

I met a guy who sold something he called a "Short Draw Z-Drag". It was basically a Z-drag that is in a bag and already set up in the Z-drag fashion. Basically, you clipped one end to the pinned boat and the other to your anchor and then start pulling. I really liked this because it can save you valuable time if your buddy is pinned. I wanted to buy it, but he said his company was going out of business and was not longer insured, so he couldn't sell it. Does anyone know how to set one of these up without it getting tangled or where I could buy one. I would like to find a youtube video giving a demonstration, but no luck. Thanks.

matteskelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015   #2
addict

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Assemble the parts yourself and put it in a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015   #3

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteskelson View Post
I met a guy who sold something he called a "Short Draw Z-Drag". It was basically a Z-drag that is in a bag and already set up in the Z-drag fashion. Basically, you clipped one end to the pinned boat and the other to your anchor and then start pulling. I really liked this because it can save you valuable time if your buddy is pinned. I wanted to buy it, but he said his company was going out of business and was not longer insured, so he couldn't sell it. Does anyone know how to set one of these up without it getting tangled or where I could buy one. I would like to find a youtube video giving a demonstration, but no luck. Thanks.
You must have run into Robert. I saw his setup its pretty slick its just hook and go. I think he has a 5:1 although what he showed you might have been a kayaker 3:1 kit. I first saw it in use when we met him on the owyhee, he tensioned a ferry line so we could portage widowmaker. I patterned a similar setup which we used to tension a zipline across the MF last summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015   #4

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2009
That is kind of what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if they made it a particular way to keep everything straight so it doesn't get tangled. Just pack it in the bag carefully i guess.
matteskelson is offline   Reply With Quote