Poudre running yet? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-29-2004   #1

Poudre running yet?

With all of the recent warm weather, I was wondering if anyone has checked out the Poudre yet. Is it running? What level is it at? Thanks in advanced.
matt

mattdanitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004   #2

Its my first year up here in ft collins but im ready to get out paddlin again so if anyone wants to paddle anywhere around here just let me know. how high will the poudre get with the low snowpack? just wonderin cause i did at last year at 4.5 and it was sick.
paddlethedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004   #3

student/ kayaker
Send a message via AIM to goatboater
poudre levels

You guys should go to the flows link at the top of the page and head to the poudre link. You can sign up for the rock report e-mail which is a daily report of the rock level. Sweet.
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004   #4

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
Its my first year up here in ft collins but im ready to get out paddlin again so if anyone wants to paddle anywhere around here just let me know. how high will the poudre get with the low snowpack? just wonderin cause i did at last year at 4.5 and it was sick.
Right now snow levels are matching those of 2002, ie - incredibly hideous lack of snow. I think the Poudre peaked a 2.0 to 2.5 that year, maybe less.
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
not yet guys. the poudre is usually slow to rise, and i agree with badkins...it's probably gonna' be low unless we get a big dump, but still enough to boat!
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004   #6

AWW.org says its running at 2.8 feet. Is this a good level to run it at. I think I ran it all the way down to 1 foot last year. Any one down for a run this week? Let me know
matt
Old 03-30-2004   #7

Laramie, Wyoming
Hmmm that is interesting, I take care of the Poudre pages for AW and there hasn't been an "AW" gauge on those pages for a long time. I removed it a long time ago because it was for the Poudre in the Fort, which is not a reliable gauge for what is in the canyon. Click on the reach description and in there I have a link to the DWR gauge, which is showing less than 100cfs at the canyon mouth...
Old 03-30-2004   #8

here is the link of where it says what it is at. Am I missing something?
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/state/CO/
Im headed up to look at it today just out of curiousity. Ill keep you all posted.
matt
Old 03-30-2004   #9

Laramie, Wyoming
aaauuurrgghhh! Frickin computers are a pain, I just went through and updated all the poudre pages and that frickin' 2.8 dissapeared and I thought I had it fixed, and there it is again like nothing happened! Click on the link for the description, like "6. Steven's Gulch Access to Mishawaka Inn (Upper Mishawaka)" There is a gauge information description, with a small link. I will fix that too and make it more obvious... For some reason AW does not have a gauge for poudre at canyon mouth, so I can't get the flows to show up on the main Colorado page.

http://www.dwr.state.co.us/Hydrology...&MTYPE=DISCHRG
Old 03-30-2004   #10

Its definately not flowing. I drove up just to hang out by the river and check it out with my gf but I didnt make it all the way to the gauge at pineview. There was a fire and it was right by the road so I figured Id turn it around before the road closed and we couldnt get out. By looking at what I did see it is definately not running. I guess I just got ancy to get in my boat.
Thanks for the help badkins.
matt