Originally Posted by teletumbler
The tick list includes:
We'll see what is still in play in four weeks, but if you come prepared to drive, you'll be able to get something good. You might wind up further north than the gorge, and if you bring your passport the BC stuff might be good.
is done for the summer. The flow is all the way down to 200 cfs, and all of the snow pack is gone from the low elevation drainage. It would respond to a lot of water, but we aren't going to get a pineapple in the summer.
- This might be in the zone. There was still tons of snowpack up there yesterday, but who knows what will be there in a month.
- Oi Vey. Your comfort level with wood is going to have to be profound to go in there right now. That said, the beavers are hard at work. I fucking love this run and can't wait for it to be back.
- Levels are still a little high, but might be in the zone a month from now. No word yet on the wood situation.
- The race just went yesterday, and I didn't hear about any carnage. The level is at 3.4' right now. Somehow this survived the grand tree felling that occurred around here.
- The Lower Wind is a good time if you have 100-200 cfs in there to run laps on Shipperds, drink many beers at the hot springs and boat out half-lit in the moonlight to your car camp.
- Farmlands of the White Salmon might be good enough. Look for at least 3.4' on the gauge at Husum. The only significant piece of wood is in the moving pool above Lava Falls.
Wheels & Water
Facebook pages for both Little White Salmon and White Salmon River