Plans for bridge in Lawson? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-13-2010   #1

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Plans for bridge in Lawson?

Who knows what the deal is up there? Could those culverts not handle the flow? I saw a excavator up there when I passed today.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010   #2

They're putting in a real bridge so you will be able to launch from the (former) hole and do the run.
GagePLoungin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #3

Bridge is currently in "desgn" mode

but after the recent flows blew a hole by the main tube and stress cracked the rest of the road. they may actually speed the process up..... or do the usual government type of situation handling...sit on their hands with the road closed for another year like Guanella pass!!
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010   #4
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
Brett, it may have been sped up by the issue you mentioned, but Sue just told me a few days ago (also heard it from Martha Tableman, open space commission) that it's looking like next year now. (awsem)

What a pain. I sure as hell hope it isn't going to sit there like it is for long, the last thing we need is one less way to avoid the gaper douchebags on the weekends. (I understand why we can't kick their asses off the frontage road, but I sure don't like it)
Old 06-13-2010   #5

?

It's completely obvious to anyone who knows anything that this was clearly a sabotage job by a local boater to keep the rest of the world from the most awesome WW park anywhere. I don't mean to throw stones, but I'm pretty sure it was Abby Timberlake during one of her pre-dawn morning runs. Yup, that's the story and I'm sticking to it.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #6

great, maybe next year I70 will close and we won't be able to leave g'town without a helicopter
GagePLoungin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #7
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagePLoungin View Post
great, maybe next year I70 will close and we won't be able to leave g'town without a helicopter
EXACTLY.

Almost as cool as Denver water trying to shut down the Dillon dam road, except we're doing it to ourselves. I've been told for 2 years now that it's going to be done in the fall, now it's another year out. (but we had the money to waste on that POS park!!!)

FUKD up priorities.

Oh, and I think twitch is right on his theory... I don't know WHERE that girl goes each morning...
Old 06-14-2010   #8

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Sucks for Mile Hi rafting. The new bridge will be awesome for them but detouring for a year will suck!