places for freestyle kayaking in Ft. Collins? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-13-2013   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
places for freestyle kayaking in Ft. Collins?

I just moved to Colorado from Costa Rica last September. I enjoy freestyle kayaking and am looking for places close to Fort Collins. If anyone knows of some freestyle holes in Fort Collins or nearby please let me know. Thanks

Ezequiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013   #2

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 07
Me too!

I am also looking for some places to surf/playboat around Ft.Collins and Loveland- where I live. Lets get out sometime (today is good for me) once we figure out where to go! Please call me at 615-631-2354. Thanks!

Ben Jordan
benjordan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #3

Good one, Fort Collins and playboating are synonymous. Don't be fooled by locals telling you the Poudre has good freestyle. It's only good if you like to front surf and spin.

Lyons is good right now and worth the drive, a little higher and a good hole with bad eddy access comes in in the Middle Narrows, 2.5 to 3.3 on the rock have all been good.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013   #4

student
~4 feet, there is an okay (I think it is fun) wave with eddy service in the last rapid before the beach in Poudre Park. Short window, but worth it if it's in.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #5

The next zone, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I just moved to Colorado from Costa Rica last September. I enjoy freestyle kayaking and am looking for places close to Fort Collins. If anyone knows of some freestyle holes in Fort Collins or nearby please let me know. Thanks

Play boating in Ft Collins now that is funny ...

I have been told for years that most Ft Collins boaters dont even own a playboat!!

Listen to nathan and good luck..
Old 05-14-2013   #6

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Lyons or drive to Golden
justin.payne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking