Pine Creek Race 2010... - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-14-2010   #1

The next zone, .
Pine Creek Race 2010...

Well it looks like fibark week is here again.. That = the Pine Creek race, shit talkin about who has the balls to compete, and who will win. So - who will win this year?

I will say that once again in 2010 the race will be flat out - dominated by the Demshitz crew. As I think back a few years when I posted about the Demshitz crew many were askin who they were. Now I feel they need no introduction!!

Last year was a great race with 4 of Demshitz in the finals with Brian Kirk and in the end Kirk ended up with a win he has deserved for years.

The past couple has seen Demshitz Fucilli, as well Dre, and a blond Demshitz take the #1 spot.

Another feelin that I have - is that after a 4 or more years with out even a jackson boat/competitor in the finals that we could well see a finalist in a jackson boat. Long shot I know but maybe ...

Others to watch in 2010.. Kev, Ross, Myers, Paul from CKS, or any of the South Main crew could win. Who knows maybe a new face. I will say that Tao will not win this race....

One thing is for sure that with the flows this high the Pine Creek race will again be a great time!!

So lets hear it - who is goin to win this year??

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010   #2

I'd pick you NEK but there's no guarantee that Dustin will be in your heat to knock you out of the hole again.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #3

On the Highway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I heard this guy from the Roaring Fork Valley named Luke was talking some shit about this race. - About how he was going to going to smoke the next best by at least 10 seconds.

I also heard he doesn't even have a paddle to use right now... hmm.

It will be interesting either way.
bldrmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010   #4

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I think Pine creek hole will when! over and over again!
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #5

Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Tao is out. I spoke to him regarding our race and he will not be around this year. I asked him to extend the same offer to match the first place prize and he declined. The boater cross format creates many unknowns.

Redneck, we are still looking for a few more safety boaters!!! pass along and get us help. We may need it this year.

Last year Mr. Jackson had the best qualifying time but choose to abandon the race finals to playboat in salida instead.
If he competes he is tough to beat.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #6

Chasing H2O, CO
Paddling Since: 0001
Rubbin is racing and playboating on gameday is lame - especially when everyone knows your son-in-bed with your daughter is going to kick yer arse in the finals anyhow.
Datju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #7

The next zone, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'd pick you NEK but there's no guarantee that Dustin will be in your heat to knock you out of the hole again.
Yea the worst part is that there is no way I would be ahead of dustin if we were racin so I would be screwed!

Also not that I want to but I cant race as I am doing the safety thing.

I was up there this am for a quick piney/numbers run and I can say that she will be at a great level for the race as the hole will be huge!
Old 06-15-2010   #8

Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
sick. moonpies for lunch.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #9

The next zone, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
Tao is out. I spoke to him regarding our race and he will not be around this year. I asked him to extend the same offer to match the first place prize and he declined. The boater cross format creates many unknowns.

Redneck, we are still looking for a few more safety boaters!!! pass along and get us help. We may need it this year.

Last year Mr. Jackson had the best qualifying time but choose to abandon the race finals to playboat in salida instead.
If he competes he is tough to beat.
I will agree that mr jackson is fast but he has shown that he has shown problems when there are other boaters in his heat. Some boaters just seem to excell in the head to head race environment - while others seem to do better in the boring judged, gate, and races against the clock.

Phil I posted that I would bet Tao $500 of my own money that he could not win the Pine Creek race this year.. I get the field and he gets himself.. I will still make the bet if he shows up as I dont think he can win and feel very safe with this bet...

Also I do hope we get a better showing from the boys in Jackson boats.. All us fans know you jackson boys will win the rodeo.. We also know that someone from pyrahna/liquid logic/wave sport will be the tops of the class in piney race.. On that note I would like to see one of demshits win the rodeo just as much as I would like to see a jackson boat in the finals of the race but I doubt either will happen..

Well enough shit talkin for this am.. See you all there Thursday!
Old 06-16-2010   #10

Chasing H2O, CO
Paddling Since: 0001
NEK' - Based on that video, it would seem Mr. Jackson can both compete in the creek race as well as get rodeo practice in simultaneously. I see no reason why he and the rest of the Jackson 5 shouldn't be able to complete.
Datju is offline   Reply With Quote