Pine creek and numbers - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-20-2013   #1

Merica!, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Pine creek and numbers

Hey all, just ran pine creek and numbers yesterday. Got rid of most of the ice bridges. A few still remain in the milk run. The very top of pine creek is still locked up but just put in below or better yet seal launch off the ice dam! Water is too low for rafts but no one likes rafts on the water anyway. Unless you have our beer then your our best friend!!

joey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey11 View Post
Hey all, just ran pine creek and numbers yesterday. Got rid of most of the ice bridges. A few still remain in the milk run. The very top of pine creek is still locked up but just put in below or better yet seal launch off the ice dam! Water is too low for rafts but no one likes rafts on the water anyway. Unless you have our beer then your our best friend!!
Where did you take out? The Milk Run is south of Buena Vista.... I assume you mean there were a few ice bridges still down in the #7 area?

Nice job. I am willing to bet your the first paddler on that stretch this season. I might have to go boating this afternoon now.
lmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #3

Merica!, Colorado
I was referring to the numbers milk run. We only went to five and a half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey11 View Post
I was referring to the numbers milk run.
Numbers milk run, that's a new one on me. Sounds like a good way to confuse people...
lmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Yep, maybe lower numbers or upper fractions or something. Milk run made me think he ran all the way down to Johnsons Village at these flows. Would be a long trip.
Old 03-20-2013   #6

Merica!, Colorado
I hope you are all confused. The milk run usually refers to the flat water lead in to a run. Like the browns milk run or the numbers milk run. I was referring to the stretch between the numbers put in and number one. Like i said we took out at 5 1/2. The fractions is after numbers. The last rapid we ran was 5 1/2. I would not bother running anything on the ark below that unless I'm getting paid! We got rid of all the ice bridges so you can paddle a fun stretch. Just figured I would post so people would know its mostly clear. I guess the term milk run is just a raft guide thing.
Old 03-20-2013   #7

B.F.E., Wyoming
How can you tell somebody is a raft guide? They'll tell you.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #8

Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Hmm I've been a CO raft guide for 5 years now and the only time I've ever even heard the term "milk run" was in reference to the first boring section of Browns Canyon.
livin_tll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #9

surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
Numbers milk run, that's a new one on me. Sounds like a good way to confuse people...
Are we all confused? You know everybody’s doing it. Like … the Bailey Milk Run, Clear Creek Milk Run, Gore Milk Run, Embudo Milk Run, Poudre Milk Run, Animas Milk Run. Just to name a few of our flavor fave milk runs. Come on dudes. Put on. Drop in. Who’s with us? Better get some milk. Oh yeah, kayakers rule. (Rafters are scum, unless they drink beer.) I know, right? Milk it! I’m not confused. You?
(Hey. I had the shot, so I took it. Too much milk, I guess. Yo! It’s not Pine Creek. Call it Milk Creek Rapid S Turn Triple Drop Whipped Cream Icey Plunge Chocolatte. But it’s good to go now. We cleared it out for you all. Cuz that’s how we roll. Get some. Got milk?)
Old 03-20-2013   #10

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by freexbiker View Post
How can you tell somebody is a raft guide? They'll tell you.
Truer words have never been spoken.
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote