pikes peak ww club - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-03-2011   #1

Lakewood, 80214
Paddling Since: 2010
pikes peak ww club

is anybody here a member? i was moving to va, but now i am happy to say I'm will be staying in colorado. when would be a good time to join? i noticed on there website they have pool sessions jan-apr for members. would this be a good place to learn without paying for lessons? i would love to learn to basics this winter. thank you for any help.

qsjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsjones View Post
when would be a good time to join?

NEVER.
Old 09-04-2011   #3

Leadvillian, Colorado
ha. without club boaters we wouldn't have all this great footage...

Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011   #4

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I have a friend that joined last season, hung out in the pool sessions and after one summer he is a pretty competent class 3 boater. Plus I thought he got a discount at Colorado Kayak Supply! So I think you should look into it and make up your own mind.
Goodluck and welcome to Colorado!
Coon
Old 09-04-2011   #5

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Don't listen to Airborn he is still bitter over the special club initiation he ahad to perform. Also Alex the club would like thier inflatable sheep back!
RandyP
Old 09-04-2011   #6

Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Don't listen to Airborn he is still bitter over the special club initiation he ahad to perform. Also Alex the club would like thier inflatable sheep back!
RandyP

I never was, and never will be part of that silly club. I have my reasons, and if you'd like to know them, just ask me.

And that inflatable sheep is all covered in my man goo, and some ladies' goo as well.
Old 09-05-2011   #7

I don't get the PPWC bashing. I'm not a member, but I'm a first year boater and have been out with several members of the club and they've all been very helpful and seemed happy to help someone get started in the sport.
ryguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I don't get it, either.
PPWC has helped an awful lot of people get into the sport.
Membership is cheap, and you get a ton of pool sessions, beginner trips and support for the money.
It can make you a solid class 3 boater pretty quick, and help you meet people that will become your class 4 posse, your class 5 posse as you progress.... I've met a lot of great people through that club. There are some great boating folks based in the Springs, and some really superb paddlers.
I still pay club dues after 10 years of paddling... just my way of giving back. I definitely recommend hooking up with the club.
-Mike
Id725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado
Its a great club and any time is a good time to join.
Old 09-05-2011   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4rider View Post
Don't join PPWC, It took me all season to even get a response from the club and the guy that runs the forum is an a**. It seems to me the smart choice is joining the Colorado Whitewater, it's the club up in Denver. When I was treated like dirt from those guys I looked around and found them, and they were very nice and they are very active through out the season.
Treated like dirt? You make one attempt to join and then spend 40 emails running down the website, the moderator and everything else. Your account was approved and I apologized for my short comings as a moderator and the website. I am glad you found a club that you are happy with. Also to condemn the club for your interactions with me would be like condemning everyone on mtnbuzz due to me being a moderator here as well.