Partner for Gunny Gorge wanted!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-27-2012   #1

colorado, Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Partner for Gunny Gorge wanted!!

My friend and I would like to hook up with a few fellow boaters that are a bit more experienced than us to run the Gunny Gorge within the next few weeks. I was all set for the trip until today when a guide buddy of mine suggested that I have someone else go with me due to my limitied experience. I am fairly new to the oars, but have rowed plenty of class III water with one or two Class IV rapids under my belt and have about 20 nights on the water this year since I bought my boat.

Regardless he says some of the rapids that you have to run them blind and at the low water levels there is now (580CFS) that its gonna be fairly technical and skinny. Nothing super huge, but just plenty of chances of getting pinned pretty good on a boulder.

Anyone out there who wants to run the lower gorge with us would be more than welcome!!! I had planned on taking my 14 foot raft down. I had hoped to run the gorge on a two night deal either Sept 11th thru 13th or Sept 18th thru 20th. Thanks much for looking!

beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012   #2

Delta, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
We're going down...

Sept 3rd, 9th, 15th and 16th

If you can make any of those dates we'll gladly go through with you.
bmagtutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #3

colorado, Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
gunny trip

Those dates might work, just need to check with my buddy and find out as well. I know I cant do the 3rd of sept though. What is your phone? I could call you to discuss.

thanks
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmagtutu View Post
Sept 3rd, 9th, 15th and 16th

If you can make any of those dates we'll gladly go through with you.
beetle is offline   Reply With Quote