Park n play spot for tomorrow - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-17-2008   #1

Park n play spot for tomorrow

Where's a good park 'n play spot near denver for tomorrow? What's the a-hole in lyons like at this level? Or maybe, I was thinking lawson but is it too low. Anyone been to both in the past few days that can compare them since the levels started to come down?
Just looking to loop and practice air-wheels.

robanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008   #2

If you're talking about the Santa Fe and Mississippi spot in Denver, it sucks and would not even be worth the time besides the fact that it's too low. Union and Confluence would be much better than that. Golden, Lyons, and Lawson are your best bet right now. If you can find the sweet spot in Rodeo hole you may be able to crank some loops out but it's barely high enough. Lawson is good over 300 and good for air over 400 (I think it's about 400 now, so this is probably where you should go). Maybe one of the Lyons boys can give you an update from up north.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
The play park in Golden is always great. The upper hole is pretty sticky at this level, but fun. The Library hole is always great and at the moment you can throw great cartwheels and a few low loops.
aaronoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Send a message via AIM to jaffee
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronoutside View Post
The play park in Golden is always great. The upper hole is pretty sticky at this level, but fun. The Library hole is always great and at the moment you can throw great cartwheels and a few low loops.
I just checked the levels and it looks like Confluence is really low right now. I like the little bear hole at Lyons the best.
jaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #5

river zen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
The A-hole in Lyons is still pretty good right now. I was out there yesterday throwin so may ends i was gettin dizzy. So is the O-hole. I will be out there (a-hole)today you should come up while there is still some water.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #6

Thanks for all of the input. Lawson jumped up a bit over night (417) and went up there. I was able to loop, lunar orbit, space godzilla, back loop...had a blast!
robanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark