Mountain Buzz banner

Palisade Whitewater Park

Tags
ark
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cutch 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I don't think many boaters grasp how amazing of a play park this place could be. With the amount of flow and gradient at the proposed site for the WW park the features could easily become world class if built well. I know because I lived in Junction for years and know the river and area well. The place would blow away Union Chutes, Golden, Confluence, Lions, Boulder, and tons of other parks. It would easily be as good as the BV hole, Salida, and Steamboat, and the average flow would be much higher. Plus, it's fairly warm in the winter to allow for year round paddling. The river there would rarely freeze over, and not because of pollution. Grand Junction has the potential to become the greatest destination whitewater kayak park in the state and maybe even in the entire country. Stepping off my box now...

To those in charge... Have you talked to Mesa State college about donating a large chunk of the money? They have students that would use the park regularly, and perhaps even bring some exposure to the college. After all, former freestyle kayak women's world champion Erica Mitchell was a former student there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.