Open Pool - Mulberry - Fort Collins - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-23-2012   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Open Pool - Mulberry - Fort Collins

Hey everyone,

I am again currently working with the managers of the Mulberry Pool here in Fort Collins to coordinate an evening a week for roll practice. I have not received a final announcement yet, but as soon as I hear, I will update this thread. The main decision maker from the Mulberry Pool is out of town until November 4th. I may hear back before then, but if not, we will have a decision soon after the 4th.

Last year we ran it on Wednesday nights, 8-10p. Let me get an idea of how many people out there would be interested in Open Pool Time starting up the first to mid November? Please respond back with interest on Open Pool time starting in November. I believe we will need a minimum of 6-8 regulars for it to be financially beneficial for Mulberry Pool.

Thanks, Lenny.

GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
update...

Just got off the phone with one of the Managers of the Mulberry Pool. Like I said in my initial post, the main decision maker will be out of town until Sunday November 4th. I will speak with her as soon as she returns and I'm sure a decision will be made quickly. The pool is again leaning towards Wednesday Nights, 8-10p, but nothing final until her return.

Will update this thread after I know more.

Thanks, Lenny.
Old 10-23-2012   #3

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Awesome news, thanks for organizing this Lenny
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012   #4
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I'd be a regular, and I bet (conservatively) that Natalie will be there at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the time if it's on wednesdays at 8. I'll miss a big chunk of pool sessions from about thanksgiving time right through until mid-january. Those sessions really helped my sanity last year Lenny. Even with a broken leg, I was there as much as I could be. I'll do the same this year.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #5

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
I'll be there at least 2x a month with one or more of my boys each time.
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #6

I'm sure I'll be there most weeks until the start of the year, then I'll probably still be there most weeks, but may only make it part time.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #7

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
Lenny - any truth to the rumor that you'll be retiring from kayaking to replace Jonathan Goldsmith as "The Most Interesting Man in the World" in the Dos Equis beer commericals starting in 2013?
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #8
coloreque1

Lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
So long as there's a Dan in Fort Collins, you can probably count on me being there from time to time -- particularly over winter and spring breaks! Thanks for working on this, Lenny!!!

- Lisa
coloreque1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #9

Fort Collins, Colorado
Spencer, no worries, it works out great for us all.

Leif, glad to assist your level of sanity as much as I can, Natalie says you need all the help you can get.

Nathan, part time? PART TIME? Who's going to show me how to throw down in a pool then?

Curtis, will be great to see you and the boys. On the other issue, I cannot comment, my contract forbids it, sorry.

Lisa, I find myself saying that same thing a lot, "as long as there's a Dan there, count me in!" Well even if Dan refuses to awake from his couch slumber, you are always welcome.

Update: At this point it appears to be Wednesday 8-10p but once again nothing will be final until ~November 5th. November 7th or the 14th may become our opening night. Will post either Monday the 5th or Tuesday the 6th, once everything is confirmed.

Now that we live up at the lake, a pre-pool party is less convenient for most everyone else, but Me Case Es Su Case, and that goes for the hot tub as well. Maybe as things get rolling we can see if there is any interest and/or some other peeps that live close to the pool may want to host?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to seeing you all very soon, Lenny.
Old 10-26-2012   #10

loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
My son Jake will be there again. Hopefully he will be able to get his roll...
cpollema is offline   Reply With Quote