Olympic Web Footage - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-13-2008   #1
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Olympic Web Footage

Here you go:

NBCOlympics.com - 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games | Free Online Videos, Olympic Event | Athlete Interviews | NBC Olympics

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008   #2

That NBC website is a pain. Hard to get to the video.

C-1 seems so unatural. They race in a kayak and the only difference between C-1 & K1 is the paddle. It's clear having a double ended paddle would help them.

I sure wish they would have a freestyle event in that park. Maybe some year.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
thanks for the link! i was sad to have missed it on TV. As for C1, its really a whole different sport. I don't like the idea of having an on and off side but there are more differences than just the paddle. They sit on their knee's and have a high center of gravity and can pivot much faster than a k1. In some tight courses they are faster. A double bladed paddle would be completely unnatural in a C1.
Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008   #4

Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
That NBC website is a pain. Hard to get to the video.

C-1 seems so unatural. They race in a kayak and the only difference between C-1 & K1 is the paddle. It's clear having a double ended paddle would help them.

I sure wish they would have a freestyle event in that park. Maybe some year.
Yeah the boats look a lot a like, but there are some subtle differences in design. They are also kneeling in the boat using the one paddle blade, which gives them more rotation, and more torque on the blade. its actually a lot of fun most of the time, and way more challenging for most.

As far as freestyle, its supposed to be an exhibition event in the london games which should make for a good time.
kayakid is offline   Reply With Quote