Okay Summit County-ites, help me out... - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-30-2005   #1

Summit County, Colorado
Okay Summit County-ites, help me out...

I'm coming up this weekend for a few days and wanted to do some playing-- are there any good playspots up there right now? Are any more populated than others? (I'm coming by myself, so I'd like some other folks around) Too bad the Breck Park is so low.

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005   #2

Same gig for me

hey monkeyaker,

I am in the same boat. I am going to be in Vail this weekend and would like to do a little boating myself. I believe there is a play park in Vail somewhere on Gore creek where they had the Teva games. anyone? Let me know if you need someone to go with or want to run dowd or gore creek or something.

Zach
303-588-7199
zhensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #3

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I'll be in Dillon also. Would like to get out.

I could come over to Vail and hit Gore Creek and Down. That would be fun.

I would be up to heading over to the Ark also.

What days are you guys thinking about boating?
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005   #4

Summit County, Colorado
I'll be up there Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all day. I was planning to do playing mostly-park and play, but can also run some easy III stuff (my new boat is super tiny and I can't do much big water yet)- I'll probably give you a call.
monkeyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #5

sounds good

Sounds good. Not sure what the flows are like but gore creek is a great class III run, and I would be up for running that.

Zach
Old 06-30-2005   #6

Zach, make sure you run it all the way thru Dowd...that's where the fun is. Hey, who do I gotta blow to get you to go boat'n this year?
g
gregmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #7

Lower clear creek tonight?

It's killing me man.. weddings, bachelor parties, you name it, seems like every fricken' weekend. How about a little lower action tonight after work? I just can't get to the take out until 6. Alto-Alto? haven't run that yet this year. could be tight on time for that tough.

I'll be at Golden tomorrow 5:45 AM sharp.. That's about the only time I get to boat.

Zach
Old 06-30-2005   #8

can't tonight, I'm dedicating it to ripping out all my outfitting on both boats and starting over. I can't deal with sleepy feet, somethings gotta change. How bout next week? I'm always good for clear creek.
g
gregmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #9

give me a call. I am game