OBJ Update 4/28/07 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-28-2007   #1

OBJ Update 4/28/07

The road out to the campground is now for the most part clear of snow. I didn't see any new wood, although I didn't check every part of the creek. The level is still to low to run, but it's getting there. With a week of warm weather, I bet it will be running. I think they just plowed gothic road out to the east, but the gate is still closed, it should be opening soon.
Josh

Kayaker_SkierCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007   #2

OBJ came up to an almost medium level today.. The creek is good to go. The road going up the creek still has snow in the trees, so that still needs to be walked.
Josh
Old 04-29-2007   #3

student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
wanna go tomorrow??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007   #4

Hell yeah... I think a few of us are going to be out there tomorrow afternoon sometime probably around 3-4 I'm guessing (maybe later though), it could be better to wait until later so the water comes up more. The log that crosses the river after the slide (the one after S-Turn) seems like it is lower this year.. it might not present an issue at this water lever... but once it gets higher it might be a problem.
Josh
Old 04-29-2007   #5

student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
oooohhh gotta work at 4 but what about tuesday i can definetly make it then.
josh
Old 04-30-2007   #6
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
gauge

Any way that some cb folks would consider dropping a guage in at OB? Looks like the slate guage that we used to rely on has changed - now it only has feet, not cfs. Maybe this will be upgraded? But it seems like a simple feet/inches gauge at the Oh Be takeout would be the way to go. Its not hard to guage the run visually, but for people that are four or five hours away, it would be nice to know the level of the creek itself. Any thoughts?
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote