Numbers right now? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-11-2015   #1

Gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Numbers right now?

Has anyone out there hit numbers yet? Is it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

cjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1982
My buddy ran it 3 days ago. Totally clear.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.
Old 02-11-2015   #3

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Overcast today but plenty of water and no ice to speak of. Not even ELFing at these levels...

Detail Graph
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015   #4

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Jesus, you guys are TOUGH.
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015   #5

BV, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
Jesus, you guys are TOUGH.
I like to think of myself that way but really...

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear."

Drysuit, hood, pogies and paddling to stay upright makes a winter day completely comfortable. I'm from Maine. The sun out here is high and strong even in the dead of winter. And the Ark is as good as low water paddling gets. We are soo lucky!
Old 02-11-2015   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
I like to think of myself that way but really...

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear."

Drysuit, hood, pogies and paddling to stay upright makes a winter day completely comfortable. I'm from Maine. The sun out here is high and strong even in the dead of winter. And the Ark is as good as low water paddling gets. We are soo lucky!
I learned with Ledyard at Dartmouth. We wore sweaters and some with cheap neoprene vests etc. Homemade pogies (hate them to this day), sometimes lined with this newfangled "fleece" stuff. Didn't seem so bad then on the Swift, Pemi, Rapid (you may know these well since they're near your stomping grounds) but I'm chilling right now thinking about it! I've got a nice Kokatat suit and top, but I still guess I've gotten softer....
Old 02-11-2015   #7

BV, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
I learned with Ledyard at Dartmouth. We wore sweaters and some with cheap neoprene vests etc. Homemade pogies (hate them to this day), sometimes lined with this newfangled "fleece" stuff. Didn't seem so bad then on the Swift, Pemi, Rapid (you may know these well since they're near your stomping grounds) but I'm chilling right now thinking about it! I've got a nice Kokatat suit and top, but I still guess I've gotten softer....
Hah! I've been cold on the Swift, spent many an afternoon at Smooth Ledge on the Rapid and attended an annual picnic gathering with the club on the Pemi. Paddling, and especially creeking, in Maine in the spring is sooo much colder than paddling the Ark on a warm winter day. My son got "wait listed" at Dartmouth so he went to Princeton instead. I'm sure we have a lot of mutual friends...
Old 02-11-2015   #8

Congrats on Princeton. Neither I nor any of my kids, who also went to Dartmouth, got in there. I'm class of 1980 and am 57. Be nice to meet you some time, although I've lately gotten into rafting (with a new 12 Sotar) and am transitioning out of kayaking. I helped with the Pikes Peak WW club beginners class runs last year on the Ark and So. Platte and came over to the BV play park (where I was pretty much an eddy flower watching all of the incredible talent). I have a playboat, but it's wasted on me.

- Jon Snider
Old 02-13-2015   #9

Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone running the numbers on the 16th and 17th? Im driving up from Phoenix, and my lady doesnt paddle when its this cold. Ran it a few times last year so just looking for some folks to run with
Fixedgearmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015   #10

Gunnison, Colorado
Thanks for the advice everyone. It was phenomenal for February. Felt more like an April run than a February run!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
cjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote