Not on the water yet but getting ready - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-05-2011   #1

Star Valley, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2010
Not on the water yet but getting ready

Today we had big plans to go on a scenic float down the snake instead we went to our friends house and got the hitch put on the Subaru and then we did the wiring harness.

I am so lucky to now know the meaning of 3 whistle blasts and one long one with the arm in the air. I know the order of retrieval and can now throw a bag with accuracy. I am reviewing the swiftwater rescue book and learning as much as possible.

Hopefully next weekend we will be practicing more skills and going on the first short and scenic float.

Wygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011   #2

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wygal View Post
Today we had big plans to go on a scenic float down the snake instead we went to our friends house and got the hitch put on the Subaru and then we did the wiring harness.

I am so lucky to now know the meaning of 3 whistle blasts and one long one with the arm in the air. I know the order of retrieval and can now throw a bag with accuracy. I am reviewing the swiftwater rescue book and learning as much as possible.

Hopefully next weekend we will be practicing more skills and going on the first short and scenic float.
What permit do you have? Just blow the whistle if you need help,maybe the rapid noise will be quite as a mouse so someone will hear it.Hope your buddys are on there game to help you out!
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #3

Hoback Nation, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1987
The Snake is going to be real pushy by next weekend on what you are calling scenic. Eddy lines will be big, and trees may be floating with you. A week of warm weater and rain comming up this week. Have another boat float with you. Stay safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011   #4

Star Valley, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by catboatkeith View Post
The Snake is going to be real pushy by next weekend on what you are calling scenic. Eddy lines will be big, and trees may be floating with you. A week of warm weater and rain comming up this week. Have another boat float with you. Stay safe.
We are going with safety first for everyone. Thinking about going in by Evans and out at Pritchard. For now we are going to stay away from the rest of the river.
Wygal is offline   Reply With Quote