NORTHGATE RUN TOMORROW...TUESDAY - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-28-2008   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Send a message via Skype™ to colopaddler
NORTHGATE RUN TOMORROW...TUESDAY

HOWDY, KEN AND I ARE LOOK'IN TO RUN THE NORTHGATE TUES MORNING-AFTERNOON. WE ARE DRIVING FROM FORT COLLINS AND WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH ANYONE INTERESTED IN GOING AS WE NEED TWO VEHICLES FOR THE SHUTTLE....THE FLOW IS AT 1350 WHICH IS IN THE GREEN...IF YOUR INTERESTED, CALL ME AT 970-988-2494 SCOTTY

colopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008   #2

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpaddler View Post
HOWDY, KEN AND I ARE LOOK'IN TO RUN THE NORTHGATE TUES MORNING-AFTERNOON. WE ARE DRIVING FROM FORT COLLINS AND WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH ANYONE INTERESTED IN GOING AS WE NEED TWO VEHICLES FOR THE SHUTTLE....THE FLOW IS AT 1350 WHICH IS IN THE GREEN...IF YOUR INTERESTED, CALL ME AT 970-988-2494 SCOTTY
hey scotty

i was over that way this past weekend on another river in that area. i was told by a friend up that way that there is a huge ice jam/bridge in northgate somewhere. i couldn't verify it, but he should know.

chris
Old 04-28-2008   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
northgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
hey scotty

i was over that way this past weekend on another river in that area. i was told by a friend up that way that there is a huge ice jam/bridge in northgate somewhere. i couldn't verify it, but he should know.

chris
thanks, it looks like the ice dam has broken as the flow has dropped off quite rapidly down to 1200. it looks like our day will probably be a bust as we have not located anyone else that is able to hook up with us. the shuttle appears too long to mtn bike and i think hitching a ride is probably out of the question.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008   #4

SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986
Scroll down

Jeffy posted about N-Gate looking for someone to shuttle with on Tuesday. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #5

SE, Wyoming
road report

Just got back from Northgate & Six Mile Gap. The North Platte is murky olive-green and ice-free, as far as I could tell.

Northgate road is open with a big-ass snowdrift on the concrete boat ramp: cool runnings.

Six Mile Gap road has a few mudholes and two snowdrifts, at the entrance to the FS campground and at the cattleguard between that and the river parking. I hiked in, but 4wd high-clearance vehicles have driven through both drifts.

Ran into mnpaddler there, and shuttled him back to Northgate— he's on the river now, so p'raps we can expect a report. (If he doesn't post, maybe it's still too early.)
Old 04-29-2008   #6

saratoga, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1980
rock out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpaddler View Post
MONEY

shuttles or info call me: 307-710-4994
rmpeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #7

Fort Collins, Colorado
Northgate run today-tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpeddie View Post
MONEY

shuttles or info call me: 307-710-4994
Howdy, Kent P and i just returned from North Gate...there was NO ice dam or any signs of one on the part of river that we ran from Routt Launch Site to Six mile gap. there is also no wood at the time of this writing! It was the typical class 3 warm up run but the scenery as usual makes up for some of the lack of rapids!!!! Hey Chip, thank you for the shuttle back..the bike ride would have been pretty demanding on an old guy like me!!
Old 04-29-2008   #8

SE, Wyoming
the old guy network

Hey Chip, thank you for the shuttle back..the bike ride would have been pretty demanding on an old guy like me!![/quote]

Right— and two flat tires wouldn't help. You're in pretty decent shape, I thought. By comparison, I've got three feet in the grave.

Glad the run was a pleasure— if you Class V buggers need to come over for another "warm-up" let me know.

cheers— Chip