North Fork Poudre this weekend. - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-13-2014   #1

the fort, Colorado
North Fork Poudre this weekend.

Plannin on runnin the upper NF Poudre this weekend if weather cooperates. Lookin to get a solid group if anyone would like to join. The gate to Halligan is open so we could park at the takeout. I hiked into the put in about a week and a half ago and the river looked full and enough water to make it fun. The Cherokee park area got pounded with 19" snow this week, should melt and crank up the flows!! On sunday the flow below reservoir bumped over 400 cfs which is around minimum flows for a good time, but should jump higher than that this weekend. If anyone is down to run shoot me a message or reply on thread.
-heath

prozoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014   #2

the fort, Colorado
Aw c'mon! Where are all you sandbaggers hiding?
Old 05-15-2014   #3

x, x
Paddling Since: x
pm sent.

I will go.

bob
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014   #4

That run sucks.

Sandbagger
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #5

the fort, Colorado
Well we know how Nathan feels about the upper NF
Old 05-16-2014   #6

Nathan quit being a punk!

Dude you should be a better steward of the Poudre; you're old enough by now. Even if you don't think the NF is a adrenaline buster, you should at least shut your mouth and let other people enjoy it when it runs.

You of all people should know that the only adrenaline you're getting is when your young one misses pissing on you when you are changing diapers!

Pagel

PS If you can't get a WW Park in FT Collins now that you are on "the team", then you should know that the next attempt at a paddle park will be utilizing the flow of the NF, which in your mind sucks.
pagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagel View Post
Dude you should be a better steward of the Poudre; you're old enough by now. Even if you don't think the NF is a adrenaline buster, you should at least shut your mouth and let other people enjoy it when it runs.

You of all people should know that the only adrenaline you're getting is when your young one misses pissing on you when you are changing diapers!

Pagel

PS If you can't get a WW Park in FT Collins now that you are on "the team", then you should know that the next attempt at a paddle park will be utilizing the flow of the NF, which in your mind sucks.
I think the sour taste I have on the nf is I keep doing it and have really only done it once when it had enough water to be fun (it was peak of 2011). If it were sold as 11 miles of flat water instead of a "great intro creeking" maybe I wouldn't be disappointed everyone I ran it. That and the last time I ran it the gate was locked and it was more hiking then it was worth.

I have a girl, she doesn't piss on me when I change her diaper.

Is foco getting in on some of the in progress alternative analyses for water supply that the nf could be an option for a whitewater park? Not sure what is public information but there are studies going on up there.

My opinion on the upper north fork in no way influences S2o or the Fort Collins whitewater park.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #8

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Nathan opinions are like..... well you can figure it out. How many rivers in Colorado have 3 roadless forks that you can run at different times through out the season? If you don't like the NF don't run it, go drive somewhere else to get your jollies. You have to look at a river as a complete system from the first rivulet to where it joins another branch, fork, side stream, tributary etc until it becomes the sea. The rivers are the life blood of the planet if you only look at as a place to get your adrenalin buzz the you are missing the concept. Take the time and go find a river to run from source to end.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #9

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
3 forks? I know the north and south, but where is the third?

Also, what's the upper NF like?
mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #10
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
3 tributaries

Dunno, but I count North Fork, Big South, and Little South.
Rejoice, whatever, the Poudre is going to run. And get on whatever makes you smile.
S
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote