no riverboard rule on Grand Canyon - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-04-2018   #1

no riverboard rule on Grand Canyon

I think that the no riverboard rule on Grand Canyon only applies to Carlson riverboards, I think it might because I looked up riverboards and found out the Carlson riverboard is in fact a rescue board, and i read on their regulations is said Carlson riverboards are for rescue purposes only. But what about anvils riverboards, and other hydrospeed riverboards that are actually used as a sport. I noticed the rule addressed and said Carlson riverboards the overgrown kick board looking things, so they might allow hydrospeed riverboards they allow paddle boards.

Gamer242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2018   #2

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Put tape over the C.

Now you have an 'Arlson Riverboard'.

Totes legal.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #3

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer242 View Post
I think that the no riverboard rule on Grand Canyon only applies to Carlson riverboards,

Do you, um, ever go outside?
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2018   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
Do you, um, ever go outside?
um, no.

but i guess at least he's thinking about it.
Old 12-04-2018   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I'm all for self support stuff... but I just don't know how you'd manage self supporting on a river board.

Pretty sure they won't mind you bringing a River Board... its having it as a primary water craft that they don't want to see. If its just something fun to play with and you have your gear and food on another approved craft then you can bring pretty much whatever you want to "play" with. The group of ladies that ran it on river boards had rafts to run all their gear down the river with.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #6

Mikesse

For your information I am trying to get outside ever since I got a black belt in Taekwondo I have been looking for a new sport and I found it. It’s not like I would start on something like Grand Canyon anyway just like in taekwondo I’m gonna have to practice before I can run the canyon. The first and foremost place that I’ll likely start out is a white water park and maybe some small class 2 and 3 stuff. Grand Canyon is just the plan on what I do when I’m ready to advance to harder stuff.
Gamer242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #7

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
For your information I am trying to get outside ever since I got a black belt in Taekwondo I have been looking for a new sport and I found it. Itís not like I would start on something like Grand Canyon anyway just like in taekwondo Iím gonna have to practice before I can run the canyon. The first and foremost place that Iíll likely start out is a white water park and maybe some small class 2 and 3 stuff. Grand Canyon is just the plan on what I do when Iím ready to advance to harder stuff.
I can't tell if you are playing the long con troll or if you are real, but either way keep it up.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #8

Manitou Springs, Colorado
Hey Gamer, purely outta curiosity, how old are you?
shannon s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #9

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Grand Canyon is just the plan on what I do when Iím ready to advance to harder stuff.
It could be years (or weeks) before you're ready and have a spot on a Grand trip. I recommend you get used to enjoying the journey that will get you there.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #10
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
And maybe read the book by Bill Beer, and also George Whites account of swimming the Grand Canyon. Both of those people actually SWAM it, all holding onto dry bags I believe. George went on to be the first person to do commercial raft trips in the Grand Canyon. Very cold water down there comming out of the dam, so dry suite territory to be on a river board, most likely. Probably some insight in the story's of swimming it, about what it might like, and at least a good read if nothing else!