Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
nflw july 30th update/ vid

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0222.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	765.7 KB
ID:	3883

Been wanting to get on this run for two years now and decided it was close, time wise. We were hearing reports to high and to low, and we were guideless and on late start. I gave Chase and Nathan and call, the boys drove up from Colorado and my ass drove through yellowstone. I was having camera issues and missed the ultra classic california section from the old bridge structure and Chase flat out forgot the his. sometime a good thing should be worth the effort to enjoy again.

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	831.4 KB
ID:	3884

ill for sure to be back next year with bigger group, an
earlier start, and possibly a guide. Wyo Granite is the shit! for a moment i actually thought i was in California
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	749.2 KB
ID:	3886  

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011   #2

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
That first shot with all the granite was awesome. Great video Mike.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #3

Bozeman, Montana
thanks spencer. thats nothing compared to upstream. granite bedrock all the way up the walls one big pieces super sweet drops all around from start of our run to finish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011   #4
suigeneris

loveland, Colorado
fun meter pegged

Rub it in why don't ya! Some dudes have all the fun-cool vid!
suigeneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #5

Dreamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Yo Perry,
Do you think NFLW will still be in this weekend? Did you guys run out of time for the waterfalls?
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #6

Mad Scientist/Creeker
That looks like part of the run...
Old 08-01-2011   #7

Bozeman, Montana
notice the bringing a guide part stafford. to bad nobody would step up..part of the run or not we scored big and flow was great in the upper. it was worth every step for cali section from the old bridge structure. regardless of the double drops we ran.

danimal i think it could be? watch how fast the mf popo agie drops should be fairly similar.
Old 08-02-2011   #8

Mad Scientist/Creeker
just f'in wit ya casper. whatever the flow it takes balls to step to the three falls gorge and I'm yet to be there when it's really juicin'. I was actually talkin with somebody the other day saying I'd probably rather have the low optimal flows we had on the first d over something too juicy cause I'd want to run the waterfalls and it'd be scarier with juice. A guide would have helped cause I'm pretty sure they go with ample flows but they need to be stomped. Stoked you got on it. Did you get the falls run on popo too?
Old 08-02-2011   #9

Mad Scientist/Creeker
btw, boofington footage was tight. there is plenty more in there to make it worth it. hell. most colorado paddlers would jizz there shorts just getting to run the disneyland section down to double deuce.
Old 08-02-2011   #10

Bozeman, Montana

Name:	mikemf.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	896.2 KB
ID:	3888
we ran the 20ish footer like 4 times, chase like big tall objects up his butt cause he wouldnt stop sliding off it the old fashion way. ran falls section which was 4 stars for sure. good way to round out the weekend think we hiked 7 - 7.5 miles total this weekend.. wouldnt call it a mis adventure though. just fun.
boofington was big dawg. ahhh man i was white out till the stroke at the entrance little further left than wanted to be.

if you arent heading in this year count me in on your trip next year!