Newest River Rat :) - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-08-2012   #1

West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Newest River Rat :)

We just had the most satisfying day on the river of our lives and have to share. Took our daughter Norah on a float from New Castle to Silt, she will be one month old tomorrow. Even got some fishing in. I guess the low water is good for something... Peace and happy floating

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

rrb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012   #2

Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Very nice! I have a 7 month old and want to get him on the river but was worried about him being too young - you inspired to go for it!
Mountainchick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #3

Summit County, and Idaho
Congratulations! What a beautiful river baby. I applaud you for introducing her to the river without hesitation, she will thank you for it for years to come.

Get her in a kayak or ducky as soon she can walk!
Fallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012   #4

West Slope, Colorado
Yeah, I know there are many strong opinions out there. I think low water is key and if it's a run you're familiar with then go for it. Lots of other people in boats makes us nervous so we float in redneck country where most people don't get more than 10 feet from an engine. Have fun and be safe out there. Driving to and from the river is way more dangerous.
Old 06-10-2012   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
You'll get flack from some, we started well under a year old as well. Just need to always remain alert. Once they can walk you the camp site demands vigilance as well

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05
Saw the title and was hoping it would be you guys! Big congratulations and hugs to all. Thanks for the update my friend.
Old 06-10-2012   #7

ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
How Beautiful!!! Yay River Babies!!!! As new parents to a little River Rat you might be interested in this FB group RiverMammas!
Old 06-10-2012   #8

West Slope, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Saw the title and was hoping it would be you guys! Big congratulations and hugs to all. Thanks for the update my friend.
Thanks bro...just ordered a bimini to get the shade dialed in for this hot summer. Maybe we can float some flat water together this summer, let us know if your out this way. I haven't kayaked since I was 13 so my new dream is to relearn how with her when the time is right.