Newbie question - do all spray skirts fit all kayaks? - Mountain Buzz
 

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-01-2016   #1
 
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Newbie question - do all spray skirts fit all kayaks?

Hey i was just wondering if all spray skirts fit all kayaks? Haha i know its a silly question but i cant find the answer online anywhere
I have a Wavesport Zg48 if that helps?
Thanks everyone!

Obiwanjako e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2016   #2
KSC
 
KSC's Avatar
 
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,113
No they don't. Each skirt manufacture will (should) provide a list of the appropriately sized keyhole per the particular boat.
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #3
 
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
No they don't. Each skirt manufacture will (should) provide a list of the appropriately sized keyhole per the particular boat.
Okay, well I definitely got a used one so ill try looking on their website or contacting them! Unless you have any other ideas. If not, I appreciate it. (:
Obiwanjako e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2016   #4
 
lncoop's Avatar
 
little rock, Arkansas
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 462
Cockpit dimensions can be easily obtained with a Google search. Once you've done that check Immersion Research's sale page for a skirt. They should have one at a deep discount that will fit your boat.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #5
 
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lncoop View Post
Cockpit dimensions can be easily obtained with a Google search. Once you've done that check Immersion Research's sale page for a skirt. They should have one at a deep discount that will fit your boat.
Awesome! Ill do that! Anywhere to get a good deal on nice paddles?
Obiwanjako e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #6
 
lncoop's Avatar
 
little rock, Arkansas
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 462
Gear swaps are your best bet. Boatertalk is a good place to check. You can set up an email alert for new listings. The buzz is a good place to look too of course.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #7
 
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lncoop View Post
Gear swaps are your best bet. Boatertalk is a good place to check. You can set up an email alert for new listings. The buzz is a good place to look too of course.
Nice! Good to know. I did buy a brand new kokatat pfd for quite a bit but i cant really see you putting a price on a "LIFE" vest. and i know ill need a better paddle. Ill check those sites out! Thankyou
Obiwanjako e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #8
 
lmyers's Avatar
 
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwanjako e View Post
Nice! Good to know. I did buy a brand new kokatat pfd for quite a bit but i cant really see you putting a price on a "LIFE" vest. and i know ill need a better paddle. Ill check those sites out! Thankyou
Good way to look at things. Don't skimp on the PFD or helmet to start with, but there is a good chance you will lose your first paddle, and it's possible your first boat might get away from you too..... on an added note be sure and put your name and contact info on all your equipment...
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #9
 
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
Good way to look at things. Don't skimp on the PFD or helmet to start with, but there is a good chance you will lose your first paddle, and it's possible your first boat might get away from you too..... on an added note be sure and put your name and contact info on all your equipment...
Yeah good point on the contact info! Ill make sure to that definitely. If i loose my boat hopefully someone finds it haha.
Good thing i bought a used boat for my first one
Obiwanjako e is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spray skirts matt tomlinson Kayaking | Gear Talk 5 06-05-2010 10:46 PM
Spray Skirts dandorsh Kayaking | Gear Talk 3 11-28-2008 07:24 PM
spray skirts gospud Whitewater Kayaking 1 03-25-2008 08:16 PM
Seals Spray Skirts?? stinginrivers Whitewater Kayaking 7 03-03-2007 11:21 AM
Bomber gear Spray skirts?? ryguy Whitewater Kayaking 11 04-07-2005 12:23 PM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.