New WaveSport ZG...RIPS!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-09-2004   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
New WaveSport ZG...RIPS!!!

So I got to paddle the new WaveSport ZG yesterday. I am out here in WV and it is going off. The New River Dries is the most amazing play run I have ever been on. All the hype is true!!! Local Paddler and Wet Virginia were not lying. WV is the shiza nizza and the ZG is by far the best playboat I have ever paddled. And yes I have paddled pretty much all of the playboats out there. I paddled the Transformer all last year and I could not believe how much I was missing out in having a boat that is this fast on waves. We were catching flat waves that nobody else could even come close catching. The hull is so loose. I am 6 feet tall and I fit comfortably in the small version. That is a first for me. No more painful feet experiences.

Believe the hype WAVESPORT is back!!!!!!! If you are looking for a new playboat this year, DON'T make the mistake in not trying it. I will post some video and pics in the next couple of days.

Later
Mark Olson

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004   #2

Paddler
ZG Pictures and Video on LP

Here are some Videos and pictures of the ZG in action:
http://localpaddler.com/gallery.php?...zero%20gravity
Old 03-10-2004   #3

I sat in one the other day and it does look like a sweet boat. But, the small one isn't small enough! 48 gallons is a lot for someone my size 5'2 115. Listed paddler weight 100-180 lbs is too big. Too bad, I liked paddling wavesport back in the XXX day

Question- seems theres some volume in the bow/stern... does it still pop well- like for loops, etc? Really looks like a nice boat.

-claire
mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Marky "hype-man" Olson...Mark, were you in the smaller one or the bigger one? I know we are about the same size and I am wondering if I can fit in the smaller one.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004   #5

Denver, Colorado
Mike I have paddled both. I fit in the small size without moving the seat back. I used the patent-pending Jed Selby beer coozies for my toes and it was a great fit. My legs didn't fall asleep the whole 3 hour trip. The bigger size is really comfy. For my weight I will be purchasing the bigger size. Although the small size still rips for 180 pounds. I just got off of the Dries today and I spent the whole time in the small boat. This boat is hands down the fastest playboat EVER!!!!! It is so dynamic. Blunts are so quick and snappy. The hull is so so so so sooooooooo loose. Cartwheels are very balanced and easy. Even the big boat is easy to cartwheel. The bigger size boat is probably just as fast if not faster. Loops are giagantic in the big size(54 gallons)

Claire- the small size might be a little big for 115 pounds. It is probably easier to cartwheel than the pocket rocket??? Don't quote me on that. However the Mini EZ is on the way. I am not sure when it will be released but I saw the proto type today and it looks really sweet for the smaller paddler. It has the same hull as the ZG.

I will be posting some pics and videos soon. I am also going to paddling the new Diesel river runner maybe tomorrow on the Meadows. I hear great things about this boat....Can't wait to try it.

Later
Mark Olson
Old 03-10-2004   #6

Yo Marko,

You backcountry Cool aide hillbilly. You should fit in well in WV. Dating your bearded sister and your job experience flipping burgers as Tudors Biscuits World is the perfect set up for a long happy life out in WV. I hear Mabel’s truck stop is accepting applications for when you get fired for humping sheep on the job.

Stay in WV and don’t bring your sorry azz or crew back out west Cool aide. If you get lucky and stagger your azz back here to Colorado bring your new ZG. It better be a good boat because Big Pimpin will layth the smackith down on your ass in my new yellow hurricane (the limited rodeo edition). I’m so sick of your advanced beginner moves that I want to throw up. Quit talking smack and put up some sic vid!!

And for your hero Selby, I have never seen him with a Miller High Life long enough to need a cuzy. That’s probably why he has them on his feet. Peace out and know that Big Pimpin is visualizing about throwin down on your ZG azz when you get back.

Pimpin -
Big Pimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004   #7

Salida, Colorado
nice...thanks for the re-ply Marky Fresh. Big P...I am feeling your flow...what are you? Chunder's intern?
Old 03-10-2004   #8

Chunders intern?

Come on Mikey H, this is the fresh steeze not some worn out Chunder. I am commin from the hood, down and dirty 6th and Perry style Holmes, a true front ranger not some hippie wanta be up in Boulder. This summer you will know who Big Pimpin is – the one chillin in a lowered Caddy Eldo on 22’s with the sic yellow hurricane (rodeo) on a custom chrome rak. I know that others (sheep, talkin people not real sheep here Marco don’t get too excited) will want to join Pimpin on the conquest of rivers in Colorado but to get into this set even a beat down will not prove to big Pimpin that you are tough enough. To join Big Pimpin any little pimps must drink 1 gallon of water from confluence. Anyone tough enough, I doubt it so it looks as if Big Pimpin will be traveling solo in 04.

The only hope for the rest-o-u in the boating community is that Big Pimpin and Chunder never join forces. The outcome may end all boating as we know!

Out

Pimpin
Big Pimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004   #9

Denver, Colorado
Oh don't you worry Big Pimp daddy. I got your posse in check. I'm not afraid of the homies rolling in the Eldo on 22's with the that mean azz pitbull in the back seat. I ain't afraid. Bring da heat, for shizza nizza.

Your limmited edition rodeo banana boat won't touch my ZG!! and if you think that mean ass pitbull will scare me you're wrong cuz I know its weakness... feed it some left over fatty prime rib and some B&G's til it craps all over your floor

We don't need the High Life cuz we got the 40's of ICE BABY

its on like donkey kong....BIATCH!!!
Old 03-11-2004   #10

Salida, Colorado
Both of you got me rolling this morning...I haven't seen this much wack, white boy posturing since New Kids on the Block's "Hanging Tough" video back in '89. You remember...you were rocking overalls with one strap hanging and a Boston Celtics hat sitting back on your head to show off your blow dried bangs. Come around here and I'll send you over to my boy Hixon's new liquor store for a four-0 of OE High Gravity...you'll be asking Daddy for a ride home on his xtracycle.